Question balancing beads in trailer tires

I have started to get alot of vibration in my 2019 Ranger trailer. it seems to happen around 65-70 mph. ive been doing some research and it appears that i may have balancing beads in my tires. talked to a friend with a Nitro that has had same problem with balancing beads. im thinking it may be best to get beads taken out and get tires spin balanced. Any one else had similar experience with this problem?

We had my buddy’s removed from his 2020 ranger. Mornings were fine but had bad vibration normally after a cool cycle . We think they were sticking together from moisture . Told the tire shop to remove them and balance and the guy was like I don’t blame you
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

3. Member
    Get rid of the beads. I had a similar vibration with my Ranger and tire balancing with stick on weights completely solved the problem.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

4. Member
    same on my vexus trailer. came with balance beads and I had vibration at around 70-75mph

had them removed and had them balanced - smoother now.

5. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Never again !!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    Get rid of the beads. I had a similar vibration with my Ranger and tire balancing with stick on weights completely solved the problem.
    do this no beads!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

7. Member
    I ageee, I would lose the beads and get them balanced. That said if your going to take that step I’d suggest going 1 step further. It could also be a tire going bad/seperating. I would suggest a good tire shop that can also road force balance them. This will verify you don’t have a tire going bad. A good tech would also likely notice, but a lot of times jobs like that at a shop goes to a young or inexperienced person.

8. Member
    I would throw one more suggestion in the ring:

To check the date code on the tyres. If they are older than about 6 years think seriously about replacing them. Once they get that old they are prone to delaminating or steel belts letting go at highway speeds. Vibration can be a warning sign of those things starting.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post

To check the date code on the tyres. If they are older than about 6 years think seriously about replacing them. Once they get that old they are prone to delaminating or steel belts letting go at highway speeds. Vibration can be a warning sign of those things starting.
    Good advice!
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post

I don’t want to be “that guy” but he said it’s on a 2019 trailer.

11. Member
    dump the beads worse thing they ever came up with.

12. Member
    Yeah they can have their place in big trucks, semi’s etc. Kinda surprised they would put them in trailer tires tho.

13. Member
    Horrible way to balance tires, good balancer and stick ons
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 99R93S View Post
    I don’t want to be “that guy” but he said it’s on a 2019 trailer.
    I stand corrected …… maybe!

Wouldn’t be the first time that a trailer was fitted with old stock tyres - I had to buy a pair of car tyres in an emergency earlier this year and they were date stamped as manufactured 18 months earlier! Had no choice but to accept them in the circumstances.

Doesn’t hurt to check!

15. Member
    Balancing beads are for large off road or all terrain tires, not boat trailer tires

16. Member
    One more thing....if the tires are Kenda brand, look them over really close for belt shifting and or tread separation. I got very lucky as they gave me a warning with a terrible vibration. Put the spare on to get home and got new tires 2 days later. In total, 2 of them had issues and it was starting on a 3rd.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke