Back Up Light Install Guidance

Hey All-

I’m looking to see if anyone has added after market back-up trailer lights and can share some install tips? I’m sure it’s been asked before but I couldn’t find any recents posts on it. I have two Techniq back-up lights I plan to put on my Eyra trailer (2018). There aren’t any holes or mounting areas I can easily see, so my guess is I need to drill into the trailer frame and go from there.

Has anyone done this project already and can offer a tip or two in getting this done? I included a couple of pictures of the lights I plan to install and location where I plan to put them… Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Drill, install, wire and life is good. Alot of us have installed either back up lights or added additional back up lights.
    BassCat Puma
    250 ProXs
    Humminbird Electronic's
    Helix 12 G4
    Solix 12x2 G3
    Mega 360
    Mega Live
    Minn Kota Ultrex MDI
    Relion Batteries
    Dexter Suspension System

3. Member
    did my stratos worked great with blue water led lights. make sure the lights are submersible not just water proof also
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    The only thing that I will add would be to put some type of coating/compound on the drilled hole to prevent rusting. If Redngoo sees this thread, he can tell you what to use. He is an expert in that department.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

5. Member
    The way I performed this and keeping it looking factory was actually easy. Though would sound and feel way complicated in a post. I can post some pictures of mine. And walk you through the process over a phone call. I will PM my phone number. All that is need is a couple pieces of angle (aluminum or steel) . A couple stainless carriage bolts( 5/16"x1) , a couple drills bits. Quality paint(I was fortunate here. All my components were powder coated. A little bit of patience.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

6. Member
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

7. Member
    Just installed some this past weekend. What type of light connect do you have currently from trailer to truck?

8. Member
    I forgot to add, I used the blue wire from the backup selinoid for power
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

9. Member
    Hey guys- thanks so much for the responses and help.

Redngoo- I got your PM. I’ll reach out to see when we can chat. The pics look great.

barbarian- I have the round plug connector from trailer to truck.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Udee2159 View Post

Does it have a blue wire coming out of it that is unused or connected to trailer already? I only had the flat 4 wire and bought a new round with the blue wire. I spliced into my existing wiring, thus eliminating the old flat 4 wire plug on trailer.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Udee2159 View Post
    Hey guys- thanks so much for the responses and help.

Redngoo- I got your PM. I’ll reach out to see when we can chat. The pics look great.

use the wire for reverse lights
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools