BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator

Exclamation Helix wont power up

Helix 10 g4n new this year no issues went to power it up friday morning for tournament practice no power. pulled plug out put volt meter on have 13.0 at the plug.. do they normally just quit like that for no apparent reason? Im a lowrance guy only have a bird for my mega 360. Anything else to try or check?

2. Member
    Did you have it lately in any of the heavy rainstorms fishing, , couple weeks ago fished Otisco boy did it rain on top of rain bad for some time , worked fine following week , sap no worky took off to send back layed face down next morning water underneath , took a while for the water to end it's life sent back and they replaced it but of course I have a second one stacked and was wondering must be sealed good but then turning on some water came out of the button next rip out water intrusion got the best of it , I now have a return sticker to ship this one back , la de da

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pajoe329 View Post
    Did you have it lately in any of the heavy rainstorms fishing, , couple weeks ago fished Otisco boy did it rain on top of rain bad for some time , worked fine following week , sap no worky took off to send back layed face down next morning water underneath , took a while for the water to end it's life sent back and they replaced it but of course I have a second one stacked and was wondering must be sealed good but then turning on some water came out of the button next rip out water intrusion got the best of it , I now have a return sticker to ship this one back , la de da
    I did fish a tournament where we got bout 4 inches of rain throughout the day.. worked fine the following week, are they really not that sealed? i did just have to replace the control board in my ultrex foot pedal due to that same wet tournament.

4. Member
    Yep. Call them ASAP. Get ur ups returning label they will give u. Turnaround time 5 days. Sent mine on a Monday they had it Wednesday morning. And due to Monday holiday had it back Tuesday. Yes the control sensors where not sealed and had a bunch go bad. But the new ones are a sealed board. Good luck. Maybe we both fished in same storm.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pajoe329 View Post
    Yep. Call them ASAP. Get ur ups returning label they will give u. Turnaround time 5 days. Sent mine on a Monday they had it Wednesday morning. And due to Monday holiday had it back Tuesday. Yes the control sensors where not sealed and had a bunch go bad. But the new ones are a sealed board. Good luck. Maybe we both fished in same storm.
    ty called them yesterday . have me jumping thru a few test hoops but hoping they take care of the issue.