Lowrance 12" Live unit- help please

Two things:

When spot locked my map/curse will not stay true to direction and spins around. Ive looked everywhere on how to fix this and cannot unfortunately.

Second, I use the CMap map and the contour lines have the wrong deptch associated with them and I'm sure its affecting my shading. is this an update thing?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

thank you.

2. Member
    In order to have correct heading while stationary (or drifting) you need a heading-device. Typically a Point-1 but there are numerous options available from many brands, and a NMEA2000-network.

A map can never be better than the data used to create it, but yes you can update your C-Map card through their website. I would preview the current mapping on their website first though, to ensure you get what you want. If you do not, choose another option for mapping (like Navionics) or create your own maps through C-Map genesis or by using Reefmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    In order to have correct heading while stationary (or drifting) you need a heading-device. Typically a Point-1 but there are numerous options available from many brands, and a NMEA2000-network.

A map can never be better than the data used to create it, but yes you can update your C-Map card through their website. I would preview the current mapping on their website first though, to ensure you get what you want. If you do not, choose another option for mapping (like Navionics) or create your own maps through C-Map genesis or by using Reefmaster.

Thank you!