Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rite-Hite Turret/Live Foot

Not seeing a lot of these units being used. I haven't really seen the pros boat's rigged with one. Seems it would be very useful in wind or anchor mode/spot lock no?
    22 Triton TRX20 22 Pro XS 250
    16 Triton 1760sc 16 Merc 75hp

2. Member
    I have had one for over a year and love it.

No doubt, I'm sure it's a big help. Just puzzled why more guy's aren't using one.

4. Member
    Went out for the first time today with the new version of the livefoot. This is my first experience with a remote mount and it’s straight up bad a$$ .

Do you happen to know what the new version weighs?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post
    Do you happen to know what the new version weighs?
    I don’t know the actual weight but the shipping weight was nine pounds. It was double boxed with lots of insulation plus the extra components for the other transducers. So I’m guessing five or six pounds.

7. Member
    The Turret is great for vertical fishing and spot locking on the wind. I wish it had a composite shaft that would “give” a little when it smacks into stumps. I’ve bent the shaft on mine twice. Finally just started taking it off for lakes that are really full of wood, or when I plan in fishing mostly shallow.

Headed to the lake this AM to try out a new shaft on my Rite Hite. The original shaft was too long for my MG Tour Pro. I spoke with Robbie and he shipped out a shorter version. Absolutely great folks to do business with. Exceptional CS. Excellent product all around.
    This the 3rd trip out. I found out in the first 15 minutes on day one that I was going to enjoy the turret. Hit Anchor Mode, and start scanning.
    I can’t imagine using LS with it.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Why do you guys think that we don't see some of the top pro's using them?

10. Member
    I really did not think I would need it, but when I switched to ghost, found I really struggled to stay on target. Rite Hite being installed next week.

11. Member
    Love mine.....nice to be able see 90° to the trolling line.

Definitely not a disadvantage I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post
    Why do you guys think that we don't see some of the top pro's using them?
    After just a couple of trips out using LS, and seeing with my own eyes how versatile a turret can be, I couldn’t say. You can pull into an area, drop the TM and hit Anchor Mode, and then start scanning 340 degrees around the boat in just a couple of minutes. Or, troll down a bank scanning the water well ahead of you as you go. You can eliminate unproductive water, and pinpoint fish very quickly once you have LS dialed in.
    Using a turret certainly doesn’t slow you down. I prefer my LVS34 be set in forward mode. And, I opted for the 3 RPM Rite Hite turret. It’s the perfect speed using forward view. The way I was able to pinpoint fish around structure or schools of shad had me saying “Wow” a lot. And I’ve got a long, long way to go before I consider myself proficient with LS. A very long way.
    The one drawback I’ve found is the turret will collect debris as you navigate thru pads, grass, etc. And, you have to be a little more careful around stumps and brush. But, then you only have to fish the stuff that’s holding fish.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Several using the Target lock.

15. Member
    Questions for those that have it. Do you prefer 3 or 5 rpm and foot or remote control?

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Several using the Target lock.
    Yeah I totally forgot about it lol.

I have a DIY transducer pole and have used both but find the 3 RPM to be about right. I currently have a 5 RPM installed because my 3 RPM developed backlash in the geartrain. Fortunately I have a variable speed control in the foot pedal so I can slow it down.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    After just a couple of trips out using LS, and seeing with my own eyes how versatile a turret can be, I couldn’t say. You can pull into an area, drop the TM and hit Anchor Mode, and then start scanning 340 degrees around the boat in just a couple of minutes. Or, troll down a bank scanning the water well ahead of you as you go. You can eliminate unproductive water, and pinpoint fish very quickly once you have LS dialed in.
    Using a turret certainly doesn’t slow you down. I prefer my LVS34 be set in forward mode. And, I opted for the 3 RPM Rite Hite turret. It’s the perfect speed using forward view. The way I was able to pinpoint fish around structure or schools of shad had me saying “Wow” a lot. And I’ve got a long, long way to go before I consider myself proficient with LS. A very long way.
    The one drawback I’ve found is the turret will collect debris as you navigate thru pads, grass, etc. And, you have to be a little more careful around stumps and brush. But, then you only have to fish the stuff that’s holding fish.
    Ditto.....100%

19. Member
    5 rpm
    2018 Crestliner PT20
    2018 Evinrude G2 200 H.O.
    Duel 8' PP blades
    Atlas hydraulic jackplate

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    Questions for those that have it. Do you prefer 3 or 5 rpm and foot or remote control?
    5 rpm
    2018 Crestliner PT20
    2018 Evinrude G2 200 H.O.
    Duel 8' PP blades
    Atlas hydraulic jackplate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast