Thread: Did Adam?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Did Adam?

Did Adam and his offspring live with dinosaurs?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    Biblically, yes. Job spoke of dinosaurs. A couple points to consider:
    1. Pre flood earth was far different
    2. cave paintings and carvings of dinos are found which means someone saw them in person. They weren't digging up fossils for fun :)
    3. The word dinosaur was not used until the 1800s. They were called dragons before that.
    4. see historical references to "dragons"
    5. Study up on radiometric dating and you'll see many holes in it

Job 40 Look now at the [c]behemoth, which I made along with you;
    He eats grass like an ox.
    16See now, his strength is in his hips,
    And his power is in his stomach muscles.
    17He moves his tail like a cedar;
    The sinews of his thighs are tightly knit.
    18His bones are like beams of bronze,
    His ribs like bars of iron.
    19He is the first of the ways of God;
    Only He who made him can bring near His sword.
    20Surely the mountains yield food for him,
    And all the beasts of the field play there.
    21He lies under the lotus trees,
    In a covert of reeds and marsh.
    22The lotus trees cover him with their shade;
    The willows by the brook surround him.
    23Indeed the river may rage,
    Yet he is not disturbed;
    He is confident, though the Jordan gushes into his mouth,
    24Though he takes it in his eyes,
    Or one pierces his nose with a snare.
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. Member

This might interest you, assuming you want to hear both sides

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post

This might interest you, assuming you want to hear both sides
    Good watch.... very reasonable. For me this is what science does. What I have trouble with is "don't ask.... it's magic".

5. Member
    Good watch.... very reasonable. For me this is what science does. What I have trouble with is "don't ask.... it's magic".
    I agree. I prefer for scientists on both sides to say "we don't know".

6. Member
    God speaks of very large animals in scripture as well a dragons and other exceedingly large fish in scripture. Could these have survived the earth's destruction? when at the time God looked upon it and the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. All things are possible in God's time, yet in our limited minds, we are stumbling fooling trying to make sense of things only the living God, Christ, can provide and answer for you. Seek Christ, and in time, the answer will be provided to you, whether you are willing to accepted or not. The afore sentence has a time limit, so act now, cause the expiration date is irreversible at your time of death.

BTW, triceratops are my favorite dinosaur.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    God speaks of very large animals in scripture as well a dragons and other exceedingly large fish in scripture. Could these have survived the earth's destruction? when at the time God looked upon it and the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. All things are possible in God's time, yet in our limited minds, we are stumbling fooling trying to make sense of things only the living God, Christ, can provide and answer for you. Seek Christ, and in time, the answer will be provided to you, whether you are willing to accepted or not. The afore sentence has a time limit, so act now, cause the expiration date is irreversible at your time of death.

Could they have survived the flood? Definitely. God told Noah 2You shall take with you seven each of every clean animal, a male and his female; two each of animals that are unclean, a male and his female; 3also seven each of birds of the air, male and female, to keep [a]the species alive on the face of all the earth.
    I'm confused about your comment about the earth being without form and void. What did you mean regarding the dinos in that statement? Thanks

8. Member
    Mram10us

There is a plausible possibility that in this sentences your answer could be explained, for I do believe that we may have had this conversation before, or perhaps it was another member.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Please reflect on this sentence as a stand alone statement.

The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. In my opinion, I look upon these 2 as occurring at different times, since though God is extremely detailed in many instances in the Scriptures about even the most minute things, He gave us no time reference nor told us that there is an interaction between these 2 sentences and their sequence of time.

I pray that this may help in giving you a better understanding of my point of view.

9. Member
    Mram10us

There is a plausible possibility that in this sentences your answer could be explained, for I do believe that we may have had this conversation before, or perhaps it was another member.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Please reflect on this sentence as a stand alone statement.

The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. In my opinion, I look upon these 2 as occurring at different times, since though God is extremely detailed in many instances in the Scriptures about even the most minute things, He gave us no time reference nor told us that there is an interaction between these 2 sentences and their sequence of time.

I pray that this may help in giving you a better understanding of my point of view.
    Many people who want to keep one foot in the "old earth" modern naturalistic theory and keep one foot in Biblical creation model, use this explanation. I want Rex to know it isn't Biblical. Here are some of the verses showing dinos must be young Biblically.
    exodus 20:11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day

This shows ALL living creatures were created on a specific day, ridding us of evolutionary theory
    Genesis 1
    21So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves, with which the waters abounded, according to their kind, and every winged bird according to its kind.

Each day ends with the statement "so
    the evening and the morning were the ----- day". That means one yom day of 24 hours.

The Bible is very clear, but some that want to hold onto old age and the Bible have tried to make this an acceptable theory. The Bible is very clear. We can agree, we don't want Rex, or any others led astray by unbiblical teachings.

10. Banned
    I agree. I prefer for scientists on both sides to say "we don't know".
    I love, I don't know.......

11. Banned
    Many people who want to keep one foot in the "old earth" modern naturalistic theory and keep one foot in Biblical creation model, use this explanation. I want Rex to know it isn't Biblical. Here are some of the verses showing dinos must be young Biblically.
    exodus 20:11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day

This shows ALL living creatures were created on a specific day, ridding us of evolutionary theory
    Genesis 1
    21So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves, with which the waters abounded, according to their kind, and every winged bird according to its kind.

Each day ends with the statement "so
    the evening and the morning were the ----- day". That means one yom day of 24 hours.

The Bible is very clear, but some that want to hold onto old age and the Bible have tried to make this an acceptable theory. The Bible is very clear. We can agree, we don't want Rex, or any others led astray by unbiblical teachings.
    I my response is... why doesn't a God that knows, and controls everything and always has, just make this clear? Why did he speak to bronze age tribesmen. then go silent?

12. Banned

why did God leave this important message with bronze age tribesman, the go silent?

13. Member
    exodus 20:11

The Bible is very clear, but some that want to hold onto old age and the Bible have tried to make this an acceptable theory.
    Based on the 2 statements I gave you, your reply makes very little sense, because there is NO scriptural clearity stating otherwise as to the timeline when God did this:

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Exodus 20:11 "for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it." only explains what God did in my second statement, which is the same Genesis 2: 2 .

Now, if you have a need to express your opinion based on what you feel in your understanding of your reading scriptures, I am all good with your opinion.

No, they did not.

"Dinosaurs went extinct about 65 million years ago (at the end of the Cretaceous Period), after living on Earth for about 165 million years". ~ USGS.GOV

Bible Facts: Jesus lived on earth as man about 2000 years ago. His human genealogy that leads back to Adam, as stated in the Bible, is far less than the 65 million years mentioned above. ~ Luke 3:23-38

Last edited by LennyB; 10-03-2022 at 08:25 AM. Reason: spelling

Each day ends with the statement "so the evening and the morning were the ----- day". That means one yom day of 24 hours.
    The word "Day" in the Bible does not always mean a 24 hour time period. It can also simply mean "a time period in general, however long that maybe". For example, after explaining the six creative time periods or "days", the Bible lumps the entire process together and then refers to all of them as "in the day that Jehovah God made earth and heaven". ~ Genesis 2:4

Also Note, the 24 hour time period that is based on the rotation of the earth and our sun was not created until the 4th Day. - Genesis 1:14-19

The words "evening and morning" were not referring to our "evening and morning" but were referring to God's. The Genesis account of creation is a basic explanation of how Jehovah God created the universe, and it is presented in a way that makes sense to all of mankind regardless of the time period they were born.

Below is a very good video to watch on the Creation Process:

Was the Universe Created?

Hope that helps

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyB View Post

The word "Day" in the Bible does not always mean a 24 hour time period. It can also simply mean "a time period in general, however long that maybe". For example, after explaining the six creative time periods or "days", the Bible lumps the entire process together and then refers to all of them as "in the day that God made earth and heaven". ~ Genesis 2:4

Also Note, the 24 hour time period that is based on the rotation of the earth and our sun was not created until the 4th Day. - Genesis 1:14-19
    Are you saying that the earth did not rotate prior to day 4??

You are correct that 'day', 'half time, 'time','times', and other times references in scripture have a different correlation to God and God's timing, however, anything referred as 'the evening and the morning' it has a time constrain, whether you accept it to be 24 hrs or 1440 minutes.

One full rotation of the earth is about 24 hrs regardless whether you have sun or moon, which brings us to the old asked question, if a tree falls in the forest, yet there is no one to hear it, does it make a sound?' that answer is very obvious.

Are you saying that the earth did not rotate prior to day 4??
    NO.

I was simple showing that the word "Day" in the Bible, represents different amounts of time based on the context. ~ Genesis 2:4 , Psalm 90:4

NOTE: Some religions teach that God created the universe in (6) literal 24 hour days. That idea however, is not in harmony with what the Bible or Science teach.

"Then God said: “Let there be luminaries in the expanse of the heavens to make a division between the day and the night, and they will serve as signs for seasons and for days and years. They will serve as luminaries in the expanse of the heavens to shine upon the earth.” And it was so. And God went on to make the two great luminaries, the greater luminary for dominating the day and the lesser luminary for dominating the night, and also the stars. Thus God put them in the expanse of the heavens to shine upon the earth and to dominate by day and by night and to make a division between the light and the darkness. Then God saw that it was good. And there was evening and there was morning, a fourth day". - Genesis 1:14

The luminaries, just quoted, that serve as signs of our "24 hour day" were established during the 4th day "or time period" of creation. Science (NASA) says the universe began about 13.6 billion years ago. The Bible's explanation of creation does not disagree with that.

Hope that helps

Last edited by LennyB; 10-03-2022 at 01:15 PM.

18. Member
    Based on the 2 statements I gave you, your reply makes very little sense, because there is NO scriptural clearity stating otherwise as to the timeline when God did this:

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Exodus 20:11 "for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it." only explains what God did in my second statement, which is the same Genesis 2: 2 .

Now, if you have a need to express your opinion based on what you feel in your understanding of your reading scriptures, I am all good with your opinion.
    I'll try to clarify for you, since it must not be clear. The topic was did Adam see dinosaurs. If the six days of creation are like Moses says and the book of Genesis says, then there was no life on earth prior to those six days of creation. We can argue the age of the earth with your separation of the verses at the beginning, but this discussion was aimed at Dino's. Hope this helps clarify what I'm saying

19. Member

No, they did not.

"Dinosaurs went extinct about 65 million years ago (at the end of the Cretaceous Period), after living on Earth for about 165 million years". ~ USGS.GOV

Bible Facts: Jesus lived on earth as man about 2000 years ago. His human genealogy that leads back to Adam, as stated in the Bible, is far less than the 65 million years mentioned above. ~ Luke 3:23-38

You are assuming the naturalistic side of the argument. That is all we know in America. They do not make room for creation or intelligent design, thus, they stick to dinos being 65 million years ago.

20. Member

The word "Day" in the Bible does not always mean a 24 hour time period. It can also simply mean "a time period in general, however long that maybe". For example, after explaining the six creative time periods or "days", the Bible lumps the entire process together and then refers to all of them as "in the day that Jehovah God made earth and heaven". ~ Genesis 2:4

The words "evening and morning" were not referring to our "evening and morning" but were referring to God's. The Genesis account of creation is a basic explanation of how Jehovah God created the universe, and it is presented in a way that makes sense to all of mankind regardless of the time period they were born.

Below is a very good video to watch on the Creation Process:

Was the Universe Created?

Hope that helps

I would suggest doing a Hebrew study of the word "yom". You argue the day four of the sun and moon being created, what about the evening and the morning of the fifth and six days? There's much more to it, I've been debating these for decades. I would suggest looking into both sides because you might be biased trying to keep 1 foot in naturalism and 1 foot in the Bible.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast