USA I'M LOOKING FOR A FULL OIL INJECTION SYSTEM FOR 1998 MERC 175

Hello All,

I recently bought a 1993 Ranger 482V with a 1998 Merc 175 serial number 0G666263. The oil injection system has been removed and the previous owner has been mixing the oil into the tanks. I know some of you swear by that but I'm looking to get the oil injection system back on. I'm hoping that someone out there knows of boat salvage websites that I can be looking on to find the parts I need. I've already looked at the Merc site and $300 for the remote tank is a bit expensive as were all the other prices. Maybe one of you out there decided to go the pro route and manually mix your oil and you have the injection system lying around in the garage. Think of how much more storage room you'd have if you sold it to me at a good price.

Thanks in advance for the help and for refraining from adding worthless comments and testimony about how anyone who doesn't mix their own own is destined to run a Chrysler OB.

Phil Bender

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Phil- going to move this to the 2.5L Forum for you. There are probably a number of folks there that have removed their oil injection and would be happy to sell you the pieces/parts.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    thank you

Go to the parts wanted and put a post there. More people get rid of that stuff than keep or put on, I guarantee there are a bunch of parts just laying around in garages and barns out there.
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

5. Member
    I don't know if this would work or not, but I removed all the oil injection on my Mercury 150, sn 06617258. PM me if interested.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seance View Post
    I don't know if this would work or not, but I removed all the oil injection on my Mercury 150, sn 06617258. PM me if interested.
    Probably 0G617258

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    PM sent.
    Any motor gurus out there know if the oil system is the same between the 150 and the 175? I think that EuropeanAM is right and Seance's 150 serial number is 0G617258. My 175 serial number is 0G666263 so even though they are different displacement the motors are very closely related.

8. Member
    I am positive my number is 06617258. To be precise my # is 6617258 and when I ordered parts from European Marine they told me I need to add a "zero" before the 6617258 thus being # 06617258. It'a a Mercury 150, V-6. Any questions?

9. Member
    no questions here. I'm still thinking that the remote oil tank and the tank that mounts on the engine will be the same for each of our motors. check your PM

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I am positive my number is 06617258. To be precise my # is 6617258 and when I ordered parts from European Marine they told me I need to add a "zero" before the 6617258 thus being # 06617258. It'a a Mercury 150, V-6. Any questions?
    That engine would NOT be a "1998" then. It would be at least 10 years older.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    That engine would NOT be a "1998" then. It would be at least 10 years older.
    So the parts would probably not be interchangeable because of the age difference?

12. Member
    I have the external tank, hoses and mounting bracket for the tank. They came off of my 2004 150hp XR6. I am fairly certain they would work fine for you. You will still need the pump itself and tank that mounts on top of the carbs under the cowling. If you pay for shipping I'd take $30 for the set up. You will need to get a short bungee strap as well, the original one long since dry rotted and fell apart. I just used one I had laying around that worked fine.

13. Member
    seance, sent you a PM. Please get ahold of me.

Thanks,
    Phil

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aznative96 View Post
    PM sent.
    Any motor gurus out there know if the oil system is the same between the 150 and the 175? I think that EuropeanAM is right and Seance's 150 serial number is 0G617258. My 175 serial number is 0G666263 so even though they are different displacement the motors are very closely related.
    same
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

15. Member
    AZ, Sent you a PM

16. Member
    Found what I need. Thank you all for the help.

Phil