Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Speaking of Dish

Turned on the TV this morning to watch Gameday and ESPN is gone. WTH?? Disputes in contract negotiations. They have the Dish Prez on there blaming Disney....apparently Disney owns ESPN. Hell of a time to cut it off. Overall I have been satisfied with Dish...but this kind of thing pizzes me off. All ESPN stations are off as well as SEC Network. Just....dayum....

2. Member
    They'd better get them back on the air by next weekend or there will be h#ll to pay! We need to flood Dish with calls!
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rednecktech View Post
    Turned on the TV this morning to watch Gameday and ESPN is gone. WTH?? Disputes in contract negotiations. They have the Dish Prez on there blaming Disney....apparently Disney owns ESPN. Hell of a time to cut it off. Overall I have been satisfied with Dish...but this kind of thing pizzes me off. All ESPN stations are off as well as SEC Network. Just....dayum....
    First I've heard or saw it was the same way. At least my (our?) game is on CBS today.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    No Noles V Wake game on ESPN today.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okhawg View Post
    At least my (our?) game is on CBS today.
    Yes, I'm glad for that. Roll Tide!

6. Member
    First time someone was actually glad their team’s game was on CBS lol.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    First time someone was actually glad their team’s game was on CBS lol.
    Yep....a necessary evil

8. Member
    Been on hold, Dish call wait times are north of 30 minutes. Also tried chat. No answer there, and after a wait of 20 minutes it signs you out. Enough of this, going to work on installing my new seats in the boat.

9. Member
    Me too.. about to pull the plug on Dish. Last year we didn’t have CBS for two months. I thought my family was going to kill me because we couldn’t watch the Cowboys game!

10. Member
    Been on the fence for the last little bit to cancel Dish due to their high price. This morning this was enough to push me over the edge. Hour an a half later I finally got through to an agent and canceled. While on hold I signed up with Hulu.

11. Member
    So no GameDay coverage at Clemson today? The local news showed the booth all set up and ready.

12. Member
    Dish has been fighting sports channels for a few years. We dropped them last year when we lost the ability to watch the Pens.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

Been a Dish customer for a long time. Had all of the movie channels. Then HBO/Cinemax went away. I DVR a lot of movies to watch whenever. Then Game Show Network went away recently. Not a major crisis buy we liked to watch Family Feud when nothing else is on. Now ESPN is gone. Penn State was on ESPN. Lucky for me PSU won but was a crappy game while I was out hunting. Had it came on at noon instead of 3:30 pm, I would have been pissed.

The only reason I keep Dish for now is that I have a second dish and receiver at my camp. I retired earlier this year and will be at camp a lot more. After winter is over, I’m going to look into Direct TV. I need to find out where the satellites are in relation to my camp as I’m next to a big ridge. I tried an antenna years ago but it needed to be pointed at the ridge. No cable internet or TV at camp. Crappy DSL for internet and some sort of dish for TV or antenna if you’re in out in the open.
    Last edited by Bob G.; 10-01-2022 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Edit: GF just informed me that the Game Show Network is back on today. Now let’s get ESPN back on.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

14. Member
    My Dish went up $49 per month after my contract ran out!

15. Member
    IF Dish caves to ESPN/Disney prices, then you can bet your rates will increase. Dish will pass this cost on to you.
    It's a negotiations game. Believe it or not, DISH is probably trying to not increase your prices by keeping the Disney/ABC/ESPN prices in check.

Plenty of other options out there to get ESPN (unless you don't have good internet access).

16. Member
    I quit watching sports all together around 10 years ago! Got tired of letting something effect my mood that I had absolutely zero control over! For me personally one of the best things I did.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gray7340 View Post
    Been on the fence for the last little bit to cancel Dish due to their high price. This morning this was enough to push me over the edge. Hour an a half later I finally got through to an agent and canceled. While on hold I signed up with Hulu.
    Did it a year ago and never looked back.

18. Member
    No issues w Youtube
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    No issues w Youtube
    That requires decent internet service, which most folks in my area don't even have an option to buy. Satellite is our only option to watch any TV besides local channels.

20. Member
    Sling customers also got the screw. And to make it worse, Sling is now adding fuel to the fire. At one time as a Sling customer, you could easily go onto their website and simply click which extras you wanted. Now all of a sudden, you got to call in to cancel extras. So I just cancelled the whole service.
    Just be kind to one another. It really is that simple.

https://www.instagram.com/the_lenny_draper/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast