No depth above a certain depth

Hey fellas, twice ive had trouble with my console unit not giving me a reading less than a certain depth. 1st time was less than 7’ and this time its 10’-12’. The first time i replaced the transducer and it worked fine. Now about two years later I’m having the same issue. I’m sure the transducer is the problem but can’t figure out why I keep having the same problem. The transducer is epoxied into the hull it’s not the easiest to replace.

Fyi- Both were the pod style with temp sensor.

Any advice would be great! Thanks.

2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    You have it zoomed in zoom out

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    You have it zoomed in zoom out
    Unfortunately not the case. I even moved my bow unit to the console and it did the samething. I got another ducer and plugged it into the unit and it seems to work.

my main concern was why it kept happening.

thanks!!
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Then go to installation and make sure you don't have transducer depth offset set to 2ft. Set it to 0 Another thing to check go to the transducer and grab it make sure it is not loose. Depending on install hopefully they installed it correctly using a slow cure epoxy.

5. Member
    South of Baton Rouge but North of Plaquemine, LA
    I’d be curious how many others have had this happen as well. I put a brand new PDRT-WBL when I installed HDS GEN3 about 5 years ago. A lil over a year ago, it started doing the same thing, but was always 4’ top of the column like yours. Finally got around to changing it out a week ago. Been dreading it and putting it off because of where mine is located.