Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Well after living 15 years on Guntersville I can consistently catch a five fish limit just about anytime of year. It took me a few years to get there. Enjoy the learning curve, it’s part of paying your dues. Hint grass, grass and grass.

2. Member
    Sounds like any lake, river or fishing hole to me.............

Just think, chances are good that you will not have to shovel snow plus you can fish on soft water pretty well all year. Here in a month are so there will be a mass exodus t9 the deer woods and the lakes empty up a bunch.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Guntersville is a picturesque trip. I’ve sat out in the middle of a big mat soaking it all in more than once.
    Yes it is! The same for Pickwick! I have had to learn to enjoy the beauty many times! But I have had some fun days also. To the OP/ give it time and keep fishing. You will have good days but you will still have a few bad days. I have learned that some one somewhere on my lake is catching fish. It is always that way. I just haven’t figured the bite out. Don’t regret your move based on fish biting or not. Good luck

5. Member
    It used to be pretty in the fall. Now with all the shoreline development it looks pretty meh IMO.

6. Member
    They will be talking about 'stiff' water fishing here real soon...........don't partake myself as something about being on cracking ice in 40 foot depth water just never sat well with me.

7. Member
    It is my favorite time to be on the water now. Fishing is off and on for me every fall and the fish are more scattered. But when the shad move up you can have a blast. It’s just difficult for me to figure out which day. So I hit and I miss.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Are there other lakes in the area that might be better for day to day fishing?
    That's the beauty of this area. All of the TN. River lakes offer a lot. Go west to Wilson/Pickwick for world class smallmouth fishing. Smith Lake is picturesque lake that is fun to fish. Go east to the Coosa for some of the meanest spots on the planet. In my opinion one of the best areas for fishing in the country!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis S. View Post
    That's the beauty of this area. All of the TN. River lakes offer a lot. Go west to Wilson/Pickwick for world class smallmouth fishing. Smith Lake is picturesque lake that is fun to fish. Go east to the Coosa for some of the meanest spots on the planet. In my opinion one of the best areas for fishing in the country!
    This. Learn Guntersville, but I’d get familiar with another lake for a backup. All of the above are great options. I’d add the upper end of Wheeler (below Gville Dam). It is your closest option and you have a shot at a 5-6# LM or SM. It’s river fishing, so it’s a good change of pace.

10. Member
    I enjoy Nickajack. I’ve gone all day On a weekday and see maybe two boats. Catching is a bonus.

11. Member
    Easiest time of the year friend. We regularly catch 500lbs+ this time of year. Heck last weekend was 320bass in the boat with best 5 over 25lbs.

Shallow grass flats off of creek channels, look for any milfoil grass lines. Look for schooling.

Throw lipless, Alabama rigs and spooks.

Easy pz

Edit:

Pm me if you need more help. This only applies to the OP of thread

Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    Worst time of the year to fish
    I though it was just me .

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Are there other lakes in the area that might be better for day to day fishing?
    chic
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

14. Member
    Coupled with Todd Castledines junk fishing video recently and this thread I am relearning a lot I forgot about fish movement in the fall. I fish tomorrow in a small club tournament at a lake I have tournament fished over 80 times in 30 years. Last few years I absolutely suck this time of the year. That's after being consistent on finding fish for years. Got settled into summer patterns and never moved around enough trying to catch phantom fish that were long removed from their summer haunts. The dead giveaway is the junk fisherman do good this time of year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123