Question TROLLING MOTOR. “HELP” MINNKOTA ULTERRA

Ok.. I need. Some expert help with MINNKOTA ULTERRA.
    I Was trolling while fishing and hit something like gravel, not a stump. My TM stopped. I reset it like it says to do. It came back on BUT. It will not stow or move left or right with the pedal or the remote. It will go up and down with both but will not stow. I had to do it manually to stow it. I tried resetting again and the light just blinks and will not stop blinking. I had to shut It off to stop blinking.
    I can move the head and shaft by hand but it is hard to do.
    ANY GURU out there help me? I am hoping Don comes along with his knowledge to get it working correctly.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

2. Member
    While you are waiting for a response from a person with knowledge try using a search on a computer for YouTube ulterra problems.

Might find an issue that helps with your problem.

Keep us posted as to what the issue was with your problem.

3. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    I tried all the suggestions on the internet and YOU TUBE.
    I just took it to a Minnkota service center.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokie Pa View Post
    I tried all the suggestions on the internet and YOU TUBE.
    I just took it to a Minnkota service center.
    Hopefully it’s still under warranty. I broke the belt on mine (my fault), got it fixed and the next time out it broke again (not my fault). Ended up needing a new board. Thankfully it was still under warranty.
    2000 Ranger 518vx - 2019 Mercury Pro xs 200

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokie Pa View Post

Ok.. I need. Some expert help with MINNKOTA ULTERRA.
    I Was trolling while fishing and hit something like gravel, not a stump. My TM stopped. I reset it like it says to do. It came back on BUT. It will not stow or move left or right with the pedal or the remote. It will go up and down with both but will not stow. I had to do it manually to stow it. I tried resetting again and the light just blinks and will not stop blinking. I had to shut It off to stop blinking.
    I can move the head and shaft by hand but it is hard to do.
    ANY GURU out there help me? I am hoping Don comes along with his knowledge to get it working correctly.
    Had the same problem. Probably a plastic piece that acts as a linkage from the drive motor to the shaft. Good news is it's not a very expensive part. Should be an easy repair for the shop.