Rod Storage Ranger 1880 Angler

Hey quick question, my father picked up a new Ranger 1880 MS Angler and we were wondering what guys do with the rods on the go that they are using for the day. He is not a huge fan of the vertical rod storage bracket in front of livewell especially with multiple guys fishing. I wish these boats would do cut outs on the front deck to lay rods or have the option to install a rod ramp. I see on other brands some of the multi species have passenger rod ramp storage. I wonder if you could fabricate one out of starboard and install a strap along the side further down. Anyone try this or give it a thought. Where do most guys lay their rods for the day. I hate to just lean a bunch of rods in the back especially on days with 4 people fishing or something. Curious what everyone does.

2. Member
    Anyone ever use one of the Kolpin Rhino Grips and attach it to the grab handle on the gunnel area, could have the butt of your rods lean at angle from the floor around the passenger seat along the side and angled up to the Rhino Grip. They have all different grips and sizes. Plus no drilling, can attach right to the handle. Can remove when you dont need it, and use it only when needed. May solve my rod storage on the go