Stern light not working on 01 206 Champion

I have 12v at the base and checked bulb and cleaned contacts and still not working. I plugged the bow light in the stern receptacle to check and it wouldn't work but the courtesy light built in the bow light did work. I plugged the stern light in the bow to check it and it didn't work there either. The bow light works ok at the bow. Shouldn't those lights (bow and stern) be inner changeable? They both have two wires. They would work if switched on my old Bass Tracker. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RL552 View Post
    Shouldn't those lights (bow and stern) be inner changeable?
    In 01 the 206 was an Elite model so I'm thinking the bow socket should have 3 pins, Nav, Gnd & Crtsy light. So if that's the case your stern pole won't plug into the bow socket. Compare the connectors on the bow and stern posts. If you have 12v across the 2 pins on the Anchor socket, the issue is going to be in the pole.

Your right about that, but my stern light will still plug in because it has three holes for the third pin, but just two pins that have a connection. I ended up breaking the light trying to get lens off, the black part was brittle and crumbled.