Thread: Tempest plus

Tempest plus

My boat came with a 24 fury. Boat ran decent holeshot was ok top speed was good I think at 74 mph. I have power pole blades. Live wells full and full tank of gas. I had a 24 tempest plus worked my Mark laying around. Went for a run tonight Same load. Holeshot way better, top speed same at 74. I think I can raise the motor 1/4 inch or so. Tempest has much more bow lift. With Fury I was at maximum trim to get full speed, with the tempest I was @ around 4.5 on the gauge. Just some info, I have read guys asking about a Tempest on our boats. Plus I am hooked these Boats, have to be the best riding, handling boats made. Love it.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Welaka View Post
    My boat came with a 24 fury. Boat ran decent holeshot was ok top speed was good I think at 74 mph. I have power pole blades. Live wells full and full tank of gas. I had a 24 tempest plus worked my Mark laying around. Went for a run tonight Same load. Holeshot way better, top speed same at 74. I think I can raise the motor 1/4 inch or so. Tempest has much more bow lift. With Fury I was at maximum trim to get full speed, with the tempest I was @ around 4.5 on the gauge. Just some info, I have read guys asking about a Tempest on our boats. Plus I am hooked these Boats, have to be the best riding, handling boats made. Love it.
    I'm assuming your boat is a CX21? I'm hearing the same results from a few of my friends that are running the CX21. I'm going to give one a try.

My boat is a cx20. I think I can raise my prop 1/4 and maybe gain a little more.
    Last edited by Welaka; 10-03-2022 at 07:30 PM.

I tried a 24 Tempest on my CX21 250 Merc and it was a turd. But...the 20 is a totally different animal compared to the 21.

My prop is worked . It was a turd stock also. lol

The Caymas is definitely a boat to play with. My last boat was a totally different animal. This boat changes with changes it you no what I mean. I drag raced for a long time. and enjoy playing with setups
    If I had a lot of money to waste Id like to try some different props. I have heard these boats like the rev4.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DBolton View Post
    I tried a 24 Tempest on my CX21 250 Merc and it was a turd. But...the 20 is a totally different animal compared to the 21.
    Was your 24P Tempest stock? I've got two buddies running the Tempest on their CX21's and they are seeing 73-74 with good lift and holeshot.

Quote Originally Posted by stein3411 View Post
    Was your 24P Tempest stock? I've got two buddies running the Tempest on their CX21's and they are seeing 73-74 with good lift and holeshot.
    Yeah it was a stock 24 Tempest and could barely see 64-65. I run a 23 Razor XL 4 blade from Croxton now and I love it. No chine and will run 69-70 HEAVY.

9. Member
    I tried a worked 24 tempest on my CX 19, my 23 fury is better. I could barely crack 5800 RPMs at 68 mph with the tempest with a full tank of gas two blades and two people, the 23 fury I’m able to run 72 with the same load at 6100 RPMs and the hole shot is way better with the fury. Just the info Ive come up with on my rig. That’s also running a hydraulic jack plate, I tried various Heights with the tempest, and it just did not perform, I also think the fury picks the bow up out of the water better.

Every boat is different I guess. Weird that a fury would lift more. Tempest is usually better at bow lift by a long ways. Might have been what was done to the tempest also. Mark has always worked my tempest and makes them fly. Also I may need to play with my Fury a little more. I think maybe it needed to run lower.