lower unit compatibility

Hey guys

I blew my lower unit on a rock pile this week and I'm looking for a replacement.
    My engine is a 1989 gt200, I found a guys selling a complet johnson 150 about 4h away but he says the model plate was painted over so I can't get the exact model.
    He bought a 1994 bass boat with this engine on it but he says the engine is a 1990.
    I want to know if anyone recognizes this motor and if the lower unit would work on my motor!
    He's selling it for very cheap so I'd love to get my hands on it if it's compatible

Thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    That's a cross flow case you need to find a looper case like your motor. Won't work.

3. Member
    20220929_060713.jpg

I don't want to contradict you but it looks the exact same as my lower unit. What does not fit in it? I can't seem to find any lower unit in Canada so I was really hoping this one would fit

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    go for it. you will need to set the shift rod height for your motor's spec. Sorry was thinking about a different gear case.
    Last edited by ChampioNman; 10-01-2022 at 06:35 AM.

5. Member
    Okay great so it does fit? All I need to do is set the height! Great news thank you! I will be rebuilding the casing anyways so I'm sure I'll be able to figure out the heights