Thread: FX Rods

FX Rods

Does anyone here use FX rods? I don't see any threads about them or any of them in the classifieds.

I have one spinning rod, and I love it. very light, sensitive and very strong.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

2. Member
    It’s the same mud hole diy rod a lot of companies are rebranding now

3. Scraps
    Had bought a spinning a few seasons ago based on a Pro Staffer I talked to. The thing was a fine work of art. I eventually sold it. If I remember the selection of stock rods isn't great - or I couldn't find everything I liked, but the rod was high quality.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

4. Member
    My son has about 12 of them in all actions and sizes. Well balanced and tough.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
    My son has about 12 of them in all actions and sizes. Well balanced and tough.

I agree
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    It’s the same mud hole diy rod a lot of companies are rebranding now
    There sure are a lot of companies now that are using mudhole blanks. It’s not a bad thing.. I build my own and I will say the MHX rods are pretty decent and supposedly modeled after St Croix. I built a MHX color series that feels just as good as my Avid X for about $80 less. The CRB series is another story.. While I mostly use RodGeeks, I wouldn’t shy away from a Mudhole blank.

Most custom builders are rebadging either RodGeeks(St Croix), NFC, Rainshadow, Mudhole, or Hydra blanks. I believe FX Custom uses proprietary blanks from Mudhole.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

7. Member
    I have a casting rod I use for swim jigs. Light and pretty sensitive. 6'9" mhxf

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    There sure are a lot of companies now that are using mudhole blanks. It’s not a bad thing.. I build my own and I will say the MHX rods are pretty decent and supposedly modeled after St Croix. I built a MHX color series that feels just as good as my Avid X for about $80 less. The CRB series is another story.. While I mostly use RodGeeks, I wouldn’t shy away from a Mudhole blank.

Most custom builders are rebadging either RodGeeks(St Croix), NFC, Rainshadow, Mudhole, or Hydra blanks. I believe FX Custom uses proprietary blanks from Mudhole.
    Yup. I didn’t mean it as a negative thing. I go to Orlando for work often and always stop by the store. Some of their stuff feels real nice