Thread: Xpress X21

Xpress X21

Guys I’m in the market for a new boat. I am looking hard at the Xpress x21. I have a 07 520 ranger now and it’s time to upgrade. I found a great deal in Phoniex 920. I know it’s hard to compare the two but the aluminum boat fits most of fishing style. I do fish Toledo Bend a few times a year but mostly red river and smaller lakes. I’m looking for some real world experience performance and ride quality from someone that has a x21. Thanks guys.

Have you visited the Xpress Boats forum? They’ll answer all your questions.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

i was looking at the X21 for a while as it was repower or newer boat. I like to fish bigger water and i kept coming across posts where the X21 and X91 were cracking down the center when on big water. That instantly turned me away from going aluminum. With that being said, the Xpress boats are an amazing aluminum boat and if i were to go aluminum it would be Xpress.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    I have not fished out of an X21 but have fished from a X19 and really enjoyed it. It had Sea Deck instead of carpet. It performed very well with the 200 SHO on it. I would think an X21 with a 250 SHO would check most all of the boxes.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

5. Member
    xpress builds good boats if there was as many ripping open as some of the fiberglass fan boys say there was they wouldnt have a market i have had several they ride good an fish good they are not as heavy as glass boats of that size so they respond to the trolling motor different an they will move around more if you are large . if you are coming out of a 20 ft ranger will it ride the same or fish the same no but it is not going to cost as much to buy new either so there is some tradeoff. keep in mind there are fishermen out there that the way run their boats of any kind aluminum or glass that can break an anvil boats in this day an time just dont fall apart the folks that built boats that failed on a regular basis have been pushed out of the business.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    xpress builds good boats if there was as many ripping open as some of the fiberglass fan boys say there was they wouldnt have a market i have had several they ride good an fish good they are not as heavy as glass boats of that size so they respond to the trolling motor different an they will move around more if you are large . if you are coming out of a 20 ft ranger will it ride the same or fish the same no but it is not going to cost as much to buy new either so there is some tradeoff. keep in mind there are fishermen out there that the way run their boats of any kind aluminum or glass that can break an anvil boats in this day an time just dont fall apart the folks that built boats that failed on a regular basis have been pushed out of the business.
    Not a fanboy and never said they made a bad boat, just the opposite if you read my post. I just looked up their boats and how they did handling big water and several popped on Facebook and other forums showing the front of their boats split in two and filled with water.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

Xpress makes a fantastic tin boat. I have never owned one but I have fished from several of their models. Leaking compartments seems to be the one common "complaint" but they may have dobe something to remedy this issue. The 920 Phoenix is an amazing boat but as you stated, not really an apple to apple comparison.

Vexus 2080. Check them out.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,