NMEA 2000 Gateway Connection

250 Pro XS, 2B735045

I want to connect both my NMEA gateway and my Vessel View mobile adapter, but there is only one port on the engine to connect to. How can that be spit off into 2 connections so I can have both operating at the same time? I suppose some type of Y cable would be good, but do they exist?
    2020 Caymas CX20 Pro, Mercury Pro XS 250 4 stroke, SN 2B735045
    Helix 15 msi G4N, Helix 12 msi G3N, Helix 12 mdi G4N, Solix 12 G1
    Mega 360, Mega Live w/ Targetlock, 8' Raptors,
    Minkota Ultrex 112 w/Ipilot Link, (2) 5 Port Switches

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by venomvee View Post
    250 Pro XS, 2B735045

I want to connect both my NMEA gateway and my Vessel View mobile adapter, but there is only one port on the engine to connect to. How can that be spit off into 2 connections so I can have both operating at the same time? I suppose some type of Y cable would be good, but do they exist?
    Venomvee: Hold up before you start into this. I have cleared all of the ERRANT info from this thread.

First some notes:

-NO DEALER LICENSE is required for VesselView mobile or the NMEA-2000 Gateway devices. If someone is seeing that, they are attempting to load an APP that they do not have a license to use, and is meant specifically (and solely) for dealers.

-You will not plug in other devices at the engine. When adding second and beyond devices, you'll need to have a Smartcraft Network to the helm.

-Check under your helm for a 10-pin (two rows of 5 pins) harness that Caymas may have used to drive analog instruments. Confirm it's present, and what is plugged into it, to determine precisely what parts/components you'll need.

-Also identify your "NMEA Gateway" part number and origin (these are being discontinued and replaced by another device).

-Finally- let's avoid referring folks to "tube videos" for technical info. We're glad to help here... just be a tiny bit patient and we WILL get back to you.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Venomvee: Hold up before you start into this. I have cleared all of the ERRANT info from this thread.

First some notes:

-NO DEALER LICENSE is required for VesselView mobile or the NMEA-2000 Gateway devices. If someone is seeing that, they are attempting to load an APP that they do not have a license to use, and is meant specifically (and solely) for dealers.

-You will not plug in other devices at the engine. When adding second and beyond devices, you'll need to have a Smartcraft Network to the helm.

-Check under your helm for a 10-pin (two rows of 5 pins) harness that Caymas may have used to drive analog instruments. Confirm it's present, and what is plugged into it, to determine precisely what parts/components you'll need.

-Also identify your "NMEA Gateway" part number and origin (these are being discontinued and replaced by another device).

-Finally- let's avoid referring folks to "tube videos" for technical info. We're glad to help here... just be a tiny bit patient and we WILL get back to you.
    Tks for the info.