Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Marked safe.

We have a roof, but need a new one. Before the next rain event would be good.
    We lost our shadow box fencing, previously known as a “hurricane fence”. Nope.
    We have a chimney, but I’m thinking it’s connected to our main water line now.

No power since about 5pm yesterday. Generator has restored temps to freezers.
    Once the freezers were good … espresso was next. Now the world is much better.

We’re blessed, many didn’t fare well. Obviously, we do need our insurance agent.
    Ian was nasty. We didn’t enjoy it. Rattling double pane windows are a bit spooky.

Hope the other BBC folks in the storm’s path escaped personal injury. Over & Out.
    Thanks for messaging letting me know Jim. When I finally found my phone this morning under the sleeping bag. It was great to read you all were well health wise.

Tampa Jim is a good guy
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke

3. Member
    Marked safe.

We’re blessed, many didn’t fare well. Obviously, we do need our insurance agent.
    Ian was nasty. We didn’t enjoy it. Rattling double pane windows are a bit spooky.

Hope the other BBC folks in the storm’s path escaped personal injury. Over & Out.
    glad to hear you made it through....and kuddos to you for helping out!

See guys?? THIS is what we have to get back to in this country!! TJ is a very intelligent person and a valuable member of our society. Sure, he as his own opinions and views, many of which I do not always agree with. But, I'll be the first person to say "THIS man is what we need more of!" Personally, I like engaging with Jim because he challenges my own view and opinions and makes me think!

TJ, I'm VERY GLAD and THANKFUL that you guys are safe, and I pray for a quick recovery and safety for ALL people impacted by this monster of a storm.
    TJ, also, THANK YOU for being the guy you are, helping your fellow man and inspiring the rest of us to step up our game!

Glad you’re Ok, Jim.

Never doubted that you were a good guy, but you already know that. Terry’s story, as this weather approached, isn’t any kind of surprise to me.

Still, you’re a goof.

6. Member
    Tampa Jim exemplifies how you should handle success.

Great job tj
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou211 View Post
    See guys?? THIS is what we have to get back to in this country!! TJ is a very intelligent person and a valuable member of our society. Sure, he as his own opinions and views, many of which I do not always agree with. But, I'll be the first person to say "THIS man is what we need more of!" Personally, I like engaging with Jim because he challenges my own view and opinions and makes me think!

TJ, I'm VERY GLAD and THANKFUL that you guys are safe, and I pray for a quick recovery and safety for ALL people impacted by this monster of a storm.
    TJ, also, THANK YOU for being the guy you are, helping your fellow man and inspiring the rest of us to step up our game!
    +1.

9. Member

10. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    I’m not surprised at all. Jim is good people..well done sir

Dale Sinclair original

11. Member

That’s how to take of your neighbors

13. Member
    TJ sent me a kind, thoughtful private message to me when I lost my wife. It may seem as a little thing, when in fact, a very big thing. He took time out of his day, and made my day better. Obviously, it's still uplifting to think about. That man has my respect, and always will. Others have also.

14. Member
    Marked safe.

Glad you and your family made it through O K' That was a wicked looking storm on radar'.

15. Member
    Power, lights, laundry ... ~55 hours on batteries, camping gear, generator, etc.

Blessings to the emergency workers. Saving lives, controlling the chaos & more.
    Florida took a beating. Lives were lost, many are missing, others traumatized.

We're tired, but safe. Still have 2+ days of cleanup. And a repair list to go thru.
    Our roof is now covered. Got it done yesterday, it was finally safe to go up there.
    And I'm halfway thru breaking down the destroyed fencing, picket by picket.

We were very fortunate. Please remember those who didn't fare nearly as well.

16. Member
    .......TJ

17. Member
    I saw several years ago after my wife passed what a caring individual and big heart he had. He offered to send me some cooking recipes when he found out since I was a total outdoorsman and didn't know how to cook. Well done Tampa Jim! We need many more like him!

18. Member
    3 or 4 years ago during another hurricane I posted a need for help for my stranded Brother-in-law and Sister-in-law TJ offered to drive 60-80 miles to take them gas so they could make it home after being stranded for hours, they finally got help right before he was going to hit the road. He does"nt know me or them, did"nt matter to him. I was very thankful. I will not ever forget. Thanks again Jim

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345