Rocks in caliper question

I went in a fishing trip recently.. I towed the new boat through a 5 mil stretch of hwy that had repaving full of small rocks. Got so many rock chips on the trailer. Also few under the boat to which kinda sucks . But I notice I’m getting some decent squeal from the trailer on the way back. Notice the rotors have some grooves on them. Should I remove the wheel and calipers to make sure the rocks are out? Or would they natural come out on there own.

don’t want any future damage and I’m not any expert in brakes etc. attached are pics of each rotor. I jacked the trailer up and spun the wheel and it sounds like something is stuck in there for sure. Lmk what my best option is.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I reposted this on the trailer thread. Might make more sense there! Please delete Mods if needed!

Your catching some pretty good grooves in the rotor. We haven’t seen them trap rocks that bad and we would get a look at the pads. It appears the pads may need replacing. As for refacing the rotors, that’s the standard process. You may be able to just do pads if the rotors are not over worn.

4. Member
    Never seen a rock hard enough to score a rotor like that..

5. Member
    looks more like worn put pads? no way for a rock to get between pads and rotors
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Bob View Post
    Never seen a rock hard enough to score a rotor like that..
    it’d a brand new trailer and boat though.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    looks more like worn put pads? no way for a rock to get between pads and rotors
    crazy thing it’s a brand new boat. I only bought it a just over a month ago.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Your catching some pretty good grooves in the rotor. We haven’t seen them trap rocks that bad and we would get a look at the pads. It appears the pads may need replacing. As for refacing the rotors, that’s the standard process. You may be able to just do pads if the rotors are not over worn.
    I literally just bought the boat from Limit out marine in Washington state. It’s brand new! Would this be a warranty issue?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditch Pickler View Post
    I literally just bought the boat from Limit out marine in Washington state. It’s brand new! Would this be a warranty issue?
    Get it back to the dealer. Let them evaluate and repair that’s a important safety system!

10. Member
    it’d a brand new trailer and boat though.
    something is wrong then? looks like a rotor with years of use on them
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    MAGA

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WjColdWater View Post
    Get it back to the dealer. Let them evaluate and repair that’s a important safety system!
    I talked to the dealer and I’m towing it back in today! It’s a warranty issue for sure!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    something is wrong then? looks like a rotor with years of use on them
    exactly!

Dexter warranty will need to see those rotors.

14. Member
    Update - So I took the trailer and boat into the dealer I purchased it from. The issue was the caliper bolts were loose and the calipers were moving. They were so loose that one bolt was able to turn just by finger strength. The bolts did not have loctite/thread lock. Anyways now I got new rotors,Pads and freshly packed bearings!

15. Member
    Update - So I took the trailer and boat into the dealer I purchased it from. The issue was the caliper bolts were loose and the calipers were moving. They were so loose that one bolt was able to turn just by finger strength. The bolts did not have loctite/thread lock. Anyways now I got new rotors,Pads and freshly packed bearings!
    new boat? warranty issues ?

https://pacifictrailers.com/

https://www.etrailer.com/Boat-Traile...ontent=General

https://basscatstore.com/search.aspx?find=brake+parts
    MAGA

16. Member
    I knew it wasn't rocks!