Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BAM View Post
    This besides water. Another thing is bouncing over waves in ur boat. Might break ur back but helps the devils egg move. I get about 10 a year from meds I have to take...
    What kind of meds cause that? I sure ain’t wanting to take anything that makes me have them! Makes me scream just reading that!

2. Member
    for me i have found that cranberry juice helps me to pass them

3. Banned
    If you have passed more than one the advice (or wish at least) is to stay hammered until it leaves. I have broken my femur and passing a stone hurt worse in the pain level when it happened.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    What kind of meds cause that? I sure ain’t wanting to take anything that makes me have them! Makes me scream just reading that!
    Haha, prescription anti-inflammatory and pain killers due to a chronic arthritis condition. Going on 34 yrs now....

5. Member
    I was told to mix very strong lemon juice with water & drink all i possibly could & hold it until i absolutely couldn't hold it any longer. I did & it worked great. Have done it several times & it's worked every time. Kidney stones absolutely suck.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigheadworm View Post
    Got one while floating a river in a canoe 5 miles from any civilization had to ride through rapids to get out.If i would have had a gun with me i would have probably shot myself.
    that’s a brutal location to have one. I had my first (and hopefully only) one on the clock at a remote work site. Somehow made it to lunchtime (didn’t get shit done that morning) and finally gave in and had to call for a boat ride off the job site and then drove an hour and half to the er. I had no idea what was going on, multiple times thought “am I dying right now?”. I learned you never know how good you feel until that stone passes to the bladder. Such great relief, actually peeing it out was no problem for me.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

7. Member
    Tti always scares me people driving ect. With stones . I did the same.till a friend chewed me out. Its not uncommon for some to pass out when a stone moves.
    That devils egg comment is spot on.

8. Member
    Drink drink drink drink drink and move around. Jumping jacks sounds like a good idea.
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

9. Member
    Depends on how big the stone is if you can expel it from the bladder. Will have surgery this morning to remove a bladder stone. Dr. plans to use laser to breakup the stone.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    I was told to mix very strong lemon juice with water & drink all i possibly could & hold it until i absolutely couldn't hold it any longer. I did & it worked great. Have done it several times & it's worked every time. Kidney stones absolutely suck.

Les, do this EVERY day that has a 'd' in it and You'll be re-christened, "Les, For Ever Young" and keep Your ecological niche well equipped w/toilet paper because after doing this routine for 7-10 days, the flushing will have cleaned out Your 'pipes' (this is where 'dis-ease' exists, when waste sits and sits.) You'll awake EVERY day having to 'LEAVE a crap' You know how other people "Take a crap"? You'll soon be able to 'leave them' imagine the thought of that for a moment... uplifting isn't it? There is a couple other little things You can do and the weight will start to 'melt off' because a real big -KEY*- is to 'Stay Hydrated' perhaps You've seen the PhullOut IdJit recommend that folks 'Stay Hydrated'..

If You were sitting around and looking for something different to do --- The older One gets, they NEED 20-40 min. of "new learning" doesn't matter what it is just as long as it is new. This info pre-dated Tethers™ (cell phones) so this 'new learning' is something done sans a Tether™ (WMD™ Weapon of Mass Distraction) This will help stave off both Dementia/Alzheimer's which will soon be classified as Diabetes III (just a guess) Hydration also a big -KEY*- in that fight... weigh YourSelf this a.m. and start tomorrow.. any Coffee, tea or anything else comes AFTER the Lemon water. The Lemon will kick up Your metabolism but needs to get in the aforementioned tubes.

https://www.pristyncare.com/blog/ayu...-kidney-stone/

Stay Hydrated...

P.S. i thought i 'maybe had them' but alas, it was another erection (Thanks Maca!) You know after that second penile reduction, the medical staff opined i might lose (BBC™ spelling: loose) some feeling... huh

Cane Ian Update: uh....er.....

11. Member
    Think Morphine. Never had it until I had a kidney stone. I never felt such instant relief from anything in my life before that shot. I believe bass fishing and kidney stones are like pb&j. All but 1 of my kidney stones were preceded a very rough boat ride. I think they sit in your kidneys just waiting to be jarred loose by those waves. My neighbor just experienced his first after a long jet ski run, 2 days later a trip to the ER.
    Drink lots of water all the time, if you get dehydrated it seems to stir them.

12. Member
    Hope you pass it soon!
    Doc could give you some flomax that helps widen the canal so to speak.....
    I've had 26 stones and go through what you are going through at least once a year.... When it is in your bladder you are close but there is no rhyme or reason on when it decides to flush out.... Beer followed by full glass of water, rinse, repeat every night...

Worst episode for me was when stone decided to make a run for it at the end of the stream and got stuck half way in the unit..... absolutely worst 30 min of my life chugging and waiting for bladder to fill back up...

Good luck and Godspeed

13. Member
    Been there twice. It’s no fun. The ones like sand pass fairly quickly, but still painful. Bigger ones if they stop up your flow completely out of your bladder are brutal. Dang, I’m having flashbacks.

Drink all the water you can. Move as much as you can. Best of luck to you btdt

I have to agree with Lew. I drink a large glass of strong lemon water every morning right after I wake up, while the coffee is brewing. I also take my morning meds and vitamins at the same time. I buy the concentrated lemon juice at the grocery to make it with. When I say large glass, I mean I use a quart mason jar to make it in and put just a bit of ice in it to cool it off. Drink it every day.

As far as the passing of a stone goes, I got into the habit of lots of cranberry juice (which is a natural diuretic) and lots of water then a bunch of walking and moving around. I will get the stone to move. May be like pissing razor wire, but once it's out, the pain is over. Good luck.

15. Member
    Lots of beer! Seriously!

16. Member
    Drink plenty of fluids. Fill and flush is what the doctor told me.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by george liles View Post
    Drink plenty of fluids. Fill and flush is what the doctor told me.
    That's what I did. Got up and said this is going to pass today. Drank a half gallon of water and in about an hour it was show time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12