Reverse Update Helix 10 SI Mega

Currently have V2.180 installed. Can I go backward to V2.11 or V1.90? My imaging doesn't seem to be as good as it once was. I have two Mega transducers, and the imaging doesn't change when switching them. I've restored defaults but no help, and have no interest in installing V2.28. More of a test than anything.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

2. Member
    I don't see why you couldn't go back as long as it isn't below the version that the unit is sitting at after restoring defaults. I'm sure you do this but I always save my waypoints and remove the chart card from the unit before doing a restore. I have 2.28 on my Helix10 Mega SI Mega DI G2N and I'm happy with the quality. I don't recall what the factory default version was. It was either 2.11 or .18

Is your transducer level for the speed that you typically do your scanning at?

Yes, both transducers are level as much as can be expected. If I'm on the bow, the nose is lower than if I'm sitting at the console. Some updates will not allow you to go backwards from what I hear. I think 2.28 is one of them so I never installed it. Not too worried about the base maps as I run Chart Select for all the lakes I go to. And I have a dedicated Helix 9 2D for mapping at the console. I'll go back one version to see what changes then go back one more. May be a wild goose chase but it's worth the try.
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    USAF Ret

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I'm definitely not a Helix guy but I didn't think there was a way to restore the software back to a previous level.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

5. Member
    It used to be ok as long as the change wasn't older than the version that came on the unit or was stated in the software description. The Base Maps update may be one of those that can't be reversed. Used to revert back frequently on the older legacy and earlier Helix models but it is always at the risk of bricking a unit and having to return it to factory at owner's expense.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    It used to be ok as long as the change wasn't older than the version that came on the unit or was stated in the software description. The Base Maps update may be one of those that can't be reversed. Used to revert back frequently on the older legacy and earlier Helix models but it is always at the risk of bricking a unit and having to return it to factory at owner's expense.
    That is a concern. But there is definitely an image degradation. At this point, I’m leaning towards installing an older update to see what happens. Both my Helix 10 and Helix 9 exhibit the same issues. If I reset defaults, the image quality appears better for a while then gets more pixelated. That’s with two different transducers. IDK, maybe it’s me. We’ll see. I’m going out tomorrow so I’ll take a card with me and update one of them and see if there is a difference.
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    USAF Ret

Well, kind of a moot point now. Went to roll back the update. Did the restore defaults but now the unit won't recognize any card..update or map. Disconnected power and did a second restore defaults. Still nada. Even Encrypt SD card is missing from the menu options. I never had a chance to upload an old update.
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    USAF Ret