Solix 15 G3 help

Not a frequent visitor to this board, sorry if this has been covered. I cannot figure out how to make my recently acquired Solix 15 G3 display the "where I've been" trail on the chart. Have followed what I believe to be correct destructions, and updated the software to the latest version as well. Almost got lost on Smith Lake last nite because I've come to depend on being able to follow my trail back to the ramp.
    I want my ashes sprinkled in the lake...might as well try to get em to bite one last time.

2. Member
    Look in Solix manual pg 116-117 for track helphttps://www.dropbox.com/s/85vo9475ra363yp/532793-1EN_B%20APEX%20SOLIX%20G3%20Operations%20Manual.pd f?dl=0

3. Member
    Look in Solix manual pg 116-117 for track help. Https://www.dropbox.com/s/85vo9475ra...anual.pdf?dl=0

The unit recording the Current Track is a default setting.

To get rid of any settings you or someone else did that would turn it off, do a Restore Factory Defaults. Then don't mess with that setting again.

If you are using Lakemaster mapping and have the shallow water highlighting set to the depth you run, that is the same color as the default Current Track color. You would have the Track but just not see it.
    You can turn off Shallow Water Highlighting, change the depth setting for it to a lower number, or change the Default Settings for Tracks to a different color so you can see it overlayed on the red background.

And before you leave the ramp, do Clear Current Track so only where you have been that day will be displayed.
    If you need Current Track to use later, Save Current Track.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Thanks guys for taking the time. I have downloaded and read the manual, but the help is appreciated.
    I want my ashes sprinkled in the lake...might as well try to get em to bite one last time.

For whatever it's worth to any new Solix owners. Went over the settings multiple times with no success. Factory default appears to have done the trick (in my driveway anyhoo). Possibly something the previous owner had set, if so I couldn't find it. Think maybe it is buggy code. Thanks again Wayne and TAW.

7. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jrich057 View Post
    For whatever it's worth to any new Solix owners. Went over the settings multiple times with no success. Factory default appears to have done the trick (in my driveway anyhoo). Possibly something the previous owner had set, if so I couldn't find it. Think maybe it is buggy code. Thanks again Wayne and TAW.
    I didn't realize from your original post that this was a used unit. The first thing I would do on any used Humminbird Control Head purchase (Helix/Solix/Apex) is to do a Restore Factory Defaults. This starts you out with a clean slate.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    I didn't realize from your original post that this was a used unit. The first thing I would do on any used Humminbird Control Head purchase (Helix/Solix/Apex) is to do a Restore Factory Defaults. This starts you out with a clean slate.
    Sorry I didn't make that clear, agree 100%. Thought the software update I did accomplished that, apparently not. Took a manually initiated default to get it working.

9. Member
    So beware of the multiple ways to use and run a solix.
    First is angler or custom mode. Custom mode is more of a thought process,
    You get multiple settings, where angler is more generic and has less settings. It's a big learning curve.
    Don't let it frustrate you. I've had mine 2 years and it still throws me a curve. Good Luck