Constant beep alarm at key on

2020 Pro XS 4S, 2B735045

I had boat out yesterday fishing with no problems. Today, while in the garage, I turned the key on to check something on my Vessel View Mobile app, and the constant alarm tone is sounding. I can't get the code info from VVM, due to a problem accessing my account. I am working with Mercury to resolve that (which is what I was doing at the time I discovered the warning). Doesn't it sound odd to have a critical alarm sound before the engine even starts? From what I know, that alarm indicates failure into Guardian mode. It's been about 3 weeks since I got my boat back from replacing the shift actuator.
    2020 Caymas CX20 Pro, Mercury Pro XS 250 4 stroke, SN 2B735045
    Helix 15 msi G4N, Helix 12 msi G3N, Helix 12 mdi G4N, Solix 12 G1
    Mega 360, Mega Live w/ Targetlock, 8' Raptors,
    Minkota Ultrex 112 w/Ipilot Link, (2) 5 Port Switches

2. Member
    Is the kill switch on?
    21 Phoenix 819 Pro
    21 Mercury Pro XS 200 4 Stroke (3B003279)

If the battery master supply switch is turned off, it will do this if you key on. I travel with mine off and havd stopped to get gas, turned on key to check gauge and that’s what happens
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

4. Member
    I just took it to shop to check the codes. None were found, and the beeping ceased after checking. Who knows about these things?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo59 View Post
    If the battery master supply switch is turned off, it will do this if you key on. I travel with mine off and havd stopped to get gas, turned on key to check gauge and that’s what happens
    I just read this, and I think that is what i did. Forgot to turn on master battery switch. (I just went down and repeated it to test). Thanks to all who replied.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by venomvee View Post
    I just read this, and I think that is what i did. Forgot to turn on master battery switch. (I just went down and repeated it to test). Thanks to all who replied.
    Don't feel bad, I have done the same thing several times. I always turn the battery switch off when my boat sits covered in the lift. Several times I turned the key on to start the fuel pump, and got the long beep and the word "fault" on my Smartcraft display. Turned the key off (realized what I had just done) and turned the battery switch back on and everything was fine.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +3 on the battery switch.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor