Thread: Teneroc

Teneroc

How are the teneroc pits in December? Used to live in Orlando but never fished them in December and am looking to head to central Florida in December.

2. Member
    I would say they are great, fish them religiously. B and 5 are my main ones, only because you can load with you can load with a gas motor, they are idle only lakes and all others with the exception of Long Lake are electric only which makes it a little different loading when your alone. Lake C is a good top water lake, small and electric only, and Horseshoe, and Lake Leggs have some nice Bass. The only place you can keep a Bass is Lake B - Lake 5 - and Picnic Lake which is 2 per person under 16" all others immediate release. And long Lake which goes by the Fl rules, 5 total - only 1 over 16". At the gate where you check in ask for a map of the lake you're going to fish it has a lake map and all rules pertaining to that lake - they all have one. Hope this helps a little

3. Member
    They are starting up

ten bass 1.jpg

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Bob View Post
    They are starting up

ten bass 1.jpg
    Miss fishing out there, and fishing all together. Before you know it, it will be 2 years I haven't been able to wet a line because of health.

5. Member
    I hear ya, I was down for about 8 months with back problems before I finally got the surgery needed to repair it. Not perfect but at least I can fish again, had to add steps to the trailer, start wearing a life jacket all the time since I fish alone, but I guess it's worth it. That pic is from a guy I know who that fishes there, not me this time Lake 2 was always good for those.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Bob View Post
    I hear ya, I was down for about 8 months with back problems before I finally got the surgery needed to repair it. Not perfect but at least I can fish again, had to add steps to the trailer, start wearing a life jacket all the time since I fish alone, but I guess it's worth it. That pic is from a guy I know who that fishes there, not me this time Lake 2 was always good for those.
    Wish it was to me. I would hope to catch tagged ones, back when I was fishing it. Because I was told years ago exactly where they shocked and tagged bass. And I never caught one in that area. Had to move, and only caught good numbers of smaller ones.
    20221018_172723.jpg

Miss fishing, and fishing out there!

7. Member
    We miss seeing the pictures of the fish Terry caught at the pits.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerman65 View Post
    We miss seeing the pictures of the fish Terry caught at the pits.
    I sure miss fishing, and fishing out there. Heck, I miss every aspect of what used to be my normal life. Just been getting shifted around from medical facility to medical facility. Have a appointment at USF Neurosurgery at Tampa General November 14th. Last Neurologist office, the girl said I should be at a surgeons office being so messed up. But that she would do everything she could. Put me on a nerve prescription and set me up for new MRI's. Because past 2 sets were to old. But show my many herniated disc's and issues. New one came back saying all those disc's that were Herniated in past 2 sets of MRI's, are bulging now. And even didn't mention 2 the past MRI's did. I am told people say each reading can be different. But first 2 with a 2 year gap were not. But all my issues give me many issues with nerves. Parts of me go numb, tingly, and dead. No fun. All the pains are enough of a issue. Nauseous often. Been feeling out of balance. But fall sometime when a leg, or both legs go numb enough or dead. Bad enough dropping stuff. Sucks dropping yourself. Miss my old life!

9. Member
    My MRI's have also changed over the years.

First ones showed some areas way worse than they are now, later ones show different areas.

One Dr told me that Once herniated they will never heal and others have told me that over time they can. I don't know who was right.

Best things I ever done was see a GREAT Pain Management Dr. Jess Salinas with the Spine and Pain group. Located in Lake Mary Florida.

My Neurosurgeon sent me to him. Said he could do more for me that he could.

I could not walk or stand for more than 10-15 minutes when I seen him. Month later I drove to Pa and was Hunting with my Brother. Was like a New Man.

I have yet to have any surgery done on my low back. I have Good Days, Great Days and Days that SUCK. But it's been over 10 years since I first saw him (see him every month) and I'm still walking.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye1 View Post
    My MRI's have also changed over the years.

First ones showed some areas way worse than they are now, later ones show different areas.

One Dr told me that Once herniated they will never heal and others have told me that over time they can. I don't know who was right.

Best things I ever done was see a GREAT Pain Management Dr. Jess Salinas with the Spine and Pain group. Located in Lake Mary Florida.

My Neurosurgeon sent me to him. Said he could do more for me that he could.

I could not walk or stand for more than 10-15 minutes when I seen him. Month later I drove to Pa and was Hunting with my Brother. Was like a New Man.

I have yet to have any surgery done on my low back. I have Good Days, Great Days and Days that SUCK. But it's been over 10 years since I first saw him (see him every month) and I'm still walking.
    Talking to the woman my November 14th appointment with, Pain Management is next. Talked through the USF Neurology MyChart. Their medical portal online. Last Neurologist gave me a script and said it was optional. But I thought she made it sound like it was for prescriptions and monitoring. Though I have pain. I want to be fixed so parts don't go dead, and I don't drop things or fall from my nerves messing with me. Already on a nerve prescription. We'll see what happens I guess.

11. Member

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    Talking to the woman my November 14th appointment with, Pain Management is next. Talked through the USF Neurology MyChart. Their medical portal online. Last Neurologist gave me a script and said it was optional. But I thought she made it sound like it was for prescriptions and monitoring. Though I have pain. I want to be fixed so parts don't go dead, and I don't drop things or fall from my nerves messing with me. Already on a nerve prescription. We'll see what happens I guess.
    My Nero Told me that I had a Complex Situation and that he could NOT point to ne thing and say I fix that the Pain will go away. It is a Combination of Muscle Pain, Pinched Nerves, Arthritis Bone Spurs, Herniated and Budging Disc and Disc Degeneration Disease.

When I went to Dr Salinas after examining me said almost word for word what my Nero Said.

He did say he thought he could help me and we started with Shot for the Inflammation that was pinching the Nerves- 6 Shots one at Each Side of L4-L5, at L5-S1, at Both Sciatica Joints in my hips. One set a week for 3 weeks.

Week one- No Change I noticed.
    Week two- some slight Change.
    Week three- I started to get a bit of relief.

Exactly One Week after Shots set 3, I woke up Pain Free. First time in over a Year.

He told me that Each Person is different and so is how they react to medicine. For Me it took 4 weeks for it to take effect.

Since then I got Shots as I needed them. Hydrocodone for Pain, MR t calm the Muscles, Ibuprofen for Inflammation. I also through time learned what Vitamins worked for me and take them as well.

My Insurance will no longer pay for the Shots, so I now need to have the Nerves Burnt every 6-12 months. See how long that lasts.

Best of Luck- I MEAN That. Back and Hip Pain is no joke. People see you on a Good Day and say "his back doesn't really hurt" but they don't see you not being able to untie your boots that night because your back locked up and you can't move.

13. Member
    Just my thought from fishing Tenoroc pits through the years. I think it will be some good fishing with the water cold this December, since it's cold already. Hope you can figure them out and catch some nice ones.