Show Vessel View on a Solix?

Been going to give Bird a call but I have not as of yet. I have two gen2 Solix, 12 & 15. I'm wanting to have the Optimax 225 motor instruments on screen. Everyone tells me to use Vessel View. Is there a way to allow Vessel View to show up on my Solix so I don't have to use my phone?? If not I'm going with the NMEA and spend more money over the Vessel View.

2. Member
    I've wondered since a Solix has Bluetooth why it can't connect to the Vessel View device like a phone and tablet can.
    2013 Bullet 21XRD
    2020 Mercury 300R 1E080760
    3 Garmin 126SV
    LVS34/LVS32
    Ultrex with iPilot Link
    8' Raptors

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Vessel View is only for mobile phones and it will not work with Solix. For any Bluetooth connection to Solix, it has to be specifically supported on the Bluetooth icon on the Solix.

You have to have a NMEA 2000 connection to your motor to have the information available to display on the Solix.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

4. Member
    Thanks Slydoggie, A friend of mine has said he thought it would work. Maybe I can now put this to bed.

5. Member
    SlyDoggie is correct but wanted to add a little info. There are 2 different "Vessel Views". One is "Vessel View" and the other is "Vessel View Mobile." Vessel View Mobile is the one for Smart phones and Tablets. It gives you all the same information as SmartCraft. It is a small module that plugs in to your motor and sends info via Bluetooth to your mobile device. It costs $235. If you want the info on your units, you will have to go the route SlyDoggie mentions.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    Vessel View is only for mobile phones and it will not work with Solix. For any Bluetooth connection to Solix, it has to be specifically supported on the Bluetooth icon on the Solix.

You have to have a NMEA 2000 connection to your motor to have the information available to display on the Solix.
    All Humminbird has to do is add a screen for Vessel View and provide pairing capability. Bluetooth is an open standard the Solix operating system is probably a forked Android OS.
    2013 Bullet 21XRD
    2020 Mercury 300R 1E080760
    3 Garmin 126SV
    LVS34/LVS32
    Ultrex with iPilot Link
    8' Raptors