Strange object in Boat Transom Compartment

Hello guys, I've recently bought a Charger 1998 and am rewiring and also putting new livewell pumps so while doing that i noticed an object in front of the pumps that has 3 black wirings coming out - ( Attached Image ) anybody know what it is?

20220926_131134.jpg

2. Member
    Thru hull transducer looks like to me

3. Member
    Yup, there's 3 transducers that have been epoxied into the hull for shoot-thru. Definitely a PDW (no temp) PDWT (with temp) and an HS-WS for a Lowrance.

On another note, when you attach the hoses to your pumps, be careful of overtightening the hose clamps. Pumps are made of the crapiest plastic known to man and they crack easily. Ask me how I know
    Last edited by Paul Shibata; 09-26-2022 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Shibata View Post
    Yup, there's 3 transducers that have been epoxied into the hull for shoot-thru. Definitely a PDW (no temp) PDWT (with temp) and an HS-WS for a Lowrance.

On another note, when you attach the hoses to your pumps, be careful of overtightening the hose clamps. Pumps are made of the crapiest plastic known to man and they crack easily. Ask me how I know
    What he said
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Pump plastic degrades from battery gases, which is why you should always vent the bilge when charging.

You’ve got some clean up to do in that bilge. Lots of do-your-selfing been done in that sump.

BCB

6. Member
    Appreciate the info guys, just what I was looking for. And I know, the previous owner did not care for the boat at all which is why all new pumps and rewiring the dashboard. Great advice everybody

7. Member
    Also anybody know what this is for ( attached image ) is hanging under dashboard with its wires not connected to anything?

20220926_130531.jpg

Looks like a horn button.

9. Member
    Looks like a push button switch, momentary. You must be young. Rewiring a bass boat is quite a job.

Be sure to take lots of “Before” pictures as you rewire and replace pumps, etc., in the bilge. It greatly reduces the number of times you have to ask yourself “Now, how did that go in exactly”?
    A Shopvac, some degreaser and a scrub brush will take of care of most the crud in the bottom. A power washer on the really hard stuff. But, be very careful if you do. A power washer can do more harm than good if you’re not. Remove any of those transducers that aren’t still in use.
    Take your time, and good luck with your project.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"