Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRISONER View Post
    Hmmm judging by the posts around here, towing anything with an electric vehicle was supposedly impossible
    And let me know when I can get a used EV for under 15,000 that will not not require a 15,000 dollar battery down the road. I bought my 5.4 2007 F150 7 years ago with low mileage (45,000) for about $12,000. Now have 140,000 and only replaced brakes, serpt belt and alternator. Min maintenance, which I did myself. Also, I can drive 150 miles, fish and come home the same day. Try that with an EV. Ya might be on the side of I-95 needing help from an old gasser. Piss on EV's. Its a scam and the ones pushing it are getting rich off this "green bulls#$". Amazing, Kerry.... the jackass pushing this absurd giant lie jumps in his private jumbo jet burring more fuel in one flight than one of us will ever burn our entire life.

What caused the last heating of the earth just after the last ice age? Too many wooly mammoths farting ( like our cows as the tree huggers currently say). The earth heated , melted the land bridge between Alaska and Russia. No cars back than to blame it on. Climate change is real, its not abnormal. You cant stop it. Its been that way since the beginning of time. a true change would be if there wasn't change. Its just a select few have figured out how to become filthy rich pushing this bullshit.

I bet he made it across the entire parking lot before he had to recharge!

Impressive!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    And let me know when I can get a used EV for under 15,000 that will not not require a 15,000 dollar battery down the road. I bought my 5.4 2007 F150 7 years ago with low mileage (45,000) for about $12,000. Now have 140,000 and only replaced brakes, serpt belt and alternator. Min maintenance, which I did myself. Also, I can drive 150 miles, fish and come home the same day. Try that with an EV. Ya might be on the side of I-95 needing help from an old gasser. Piss on EV's. Its a scam and the ones pushing it are getting rich off this "green bulls#$". Amazing, Kerry.... the jackass pushing this absurd giant lie jumps in his private jumbo jet burring more fuel in one flight than one of us will ever burn our entire life.

What caused the last heating of the earth just after the last ice age? Too many wooly mammoths farting ( like our cows as the tree huggers currently say). The earth heated , melted the land bridge between Alaska and Russia. No cars back than to blame it on. Climate change is real, its not abnormal. You cant stop it. Its been that way since the beginning of time. a true change would be if there wasn't change. Its just a select few have figured out how to become filthy rich pushing this bullshit.
    You seem triggered... Want to cancel EV and go back to your safe space?

4. Member

lol

06 Stratos 294 ProXL

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    You seem triggered... Want to cancel EV and go back to your safe space?
    Nah, I just live in reality. Safe place.... well Id call it an inexpensive place. Paid off F150 and Toyota Landcruiser which provides unlimited mileage/travel with cheap gas. No restrictions to where I can go due to not having to stop for a 6 hr charge. When you live in Florida there are unlimited places to fish and if ya can drive unlimited then you can go where ever the !@#$ ya want and catch what ever ya want. Don't take too lightly to the politicians that have to hand out our tax dollars to GM and Ford just to keep this EV thing going. If the open market will not support it ( without gov intervention) than it should be a dead horse. Best thing that could happen is the San Andreas fault rupture and the pacific swallows CA and Hollywood. Now that would be change.

6. Member

Finally! This guy shows up. Until they can go 10,000 miles on a single charge and cost less than Big Mac, I'm out! And I'm outraged.

Keep it up, very entertaining.

7. Member
    EV’s have positives and negatives. In your own situation, the positives have to outweigh the negatives. 95% people here view them as negatives in their lives.

The other 5% are certainly loud about the positives in their own situation.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

8. Member
    Anyone ever wonder why we can’t have both?

9. Member
    Nah, I just live in reality. Safe place.... well Id call it an inexpensive place. Paid off F150 and Toyota Landcruiser which provides unlimited mileage/travel with cheap gas. No restrictions to where I can go due to not having to stop for a 6 hr charge. When you live in Florida there are unlimited places to fish and if ya can drive unlimited then you can go where ever the !@#$ ya want and catch what ever ya want. Don't take too lightly to the politicians that have to hand out our tax dollars to GM and Ford just to keep this EV thing going. If the open market will not support it ( without gov intervention) than it should be a dead horse. Best thing that could happen is the San Andreas fault rupture and the pacific swallows CA and Hollywood. Now that would be change.
    You do realize that oil is the most subsidized commodity on earth right? Without them gas would be around $12/G

https://generation180.org/the-absurd...uel-subsidies/

"First, let’s consider just the direct subsidies for fossil fuel production—money that flows directly from the government to fossil fuel companies to support activities like exploration, extraction, and development. A conservative estimate from Oil Change International puts the U.S. total at around $20.5 billion annually, including $14.7 billion in federal subsidies and $5.8 billion in state-level incentives. A whopping 80 percent of this goes to oil and gas (with the rest supporting coal), and most of the subsidies are in the form of tax deductions and exemptions and other “obscure tax loopholes and accounting tricks” that result in massive avoided costs for fossil fuel producers."

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    Finally! This guy shows up. Until they can go 10,000 miles on a single charge and cost less than Big Mac, I'm out! And I'm outraged.

Keep it up, very entertaining.
    Hey, Im al in for n "EV" WHEN I can pull over and get a charge in 15 min, THEN get back on the road for another 300 miles. We often leave Jacksonville headed to Kissimmee, fish for a day and come home. All in all, about 350 miles. And that's running 80 mph on 95. Could a EV do that???? Does a Big Mac cost 15,000. That's a good chunk of change. Ive never had a payment over 200.00. By the way....I don't give a damn about some antlered animal in Alaska or N Dakota. He is mobile. If there is oil under his huff then drill and Ill burn that gas to get my cheap Big Mac. ( Actually I prefer the fish sandwich)

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    I agree with this quote! I'm so sick of hearing about EV's! It's nothing but smoke and mirrors. People will follow any trend especially if it allows them to "flex" and that is what Tesla has got going for it-the ability for people to show off and be the first to have one.

12. Member
    Anyone ever wonder why gas/diesel has to be artificially inflated to make EVs competitive?

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    You do realize that oil is the most subsidized commodity on earth right? Without them gas would be around $12/G

https://generation180.org/the-absurd...uel-subsidies/

"First, let’s consider just the direct subsidies for fossil fuel production—money that flows directly from the government to fossil fuel companies to support activities like exploration, extraction, and development. A conservative estimate from Oil Change International puts the U.S. total at around $20.5 billion annually, including $14.7 billion in federal subsidies and $5.8 billion in state-level incentives. A whopping 80 percent of this goes to oil and gas (with the rest supporting coal), and most of the subsidies are in the form of tax deductions and exemptions and other “obscure tax loopholes and accounting tricks” that result in massive avoided costs for fossil fuel producers."
    Good keep it that way and keep giving them tax breaks so we can keep cheap gasoline. The cheaper the gas the more I travel. The more I travel the more money I spend at hotels, restaurants ect that is being taxed.

Let me ask you this question, OK. Is it possible to get a used EV truck in mint condition for 15 or so thousand with say 50,000. If so, can I expect to get 200,000 miles without having any serious financial cost come up? As I've said, my ford has been paid off for 5 years now and the only thing I did recently was a brake job. Actually Hawk Driver ( BBC member and TX partner) did it for me . Changed spark plugs too... dealership job due to possibility of breaking off in the block. 500$ bill.

14. Member
    Mauler is not allowed to use tools

Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post

"First, let’s consider just the direct subsidies for fossil fuel production—money that flows directly from the government to fossil fuel companies to support activities like exploration, extraction, and development.

... most of the subsidies are in the form of tax deductions and exemptions and other “obscure tax loopholes and accounting tricks” that result in massive avoided costs for fossil fuel producers."
    Now there’s some doublespeak!

Tax deductions and exemptions are not subsidies. There is no such thing as a “tax loophole”. There’s either a tax law, or there isn’t.

Deductions and exemptions are “money that flows from the government directly to the oil companies”? Good grief…

16. Member
    Now that's a good one !

Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    For it to be classified as a 1500# carrying capacity, all it would need is a suspension that is capable of such load in accordance with the DOT. Though, as it has already been pointed out, how far of a distance can it carry that load vs an ICE vehicle, which with a 5 minute stop at a fueling station, is as far as your hart's desires.
    It is the same pretence of them having a very fast 0-100 mph time, which you can see it getting longer after a few hits due to battery recovery time and power loss.
    let me say this. I do not know it’s payload capacity. It is rated a 3/4 ton because of its weight. It’s a heavy heavy vehicle with a GVWR of 8,500 pounds. When the GVWR gets over 8500 I believe it moves into the 3/4 ton class.

18. Member
    Any kind of idea that originates in california is not a good idea

19. Member
    are you purposefully or ignorantly ignoring the billions that big oil gets in subsidies to keep making your vehicle travel unlimited miles?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast