520c ProXS 4stroke Prop Suggestions

Getting the boat repowered today with 4 stroke 250 Mercury. What do you guys suggest for prop? Looking for good overall performance, favoring holeshot

2. Member
    The best overall is a true pitched 23P Fury 3 blade.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

3. Member
    Thanks

A bunch of use like the Tempest better. More bow lift if you have a bunch of stuff in the front
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

5. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    The best overall is a true pitched 23P Fury 3 blade.

That engine must reach 6200 rpms at WOT to achieve maximum performance across all power bands and attain maximum fuel economy. As noted, the box prop must be true pitched to achieve this.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post

That engine must reach 6200 rpms at WOT to achieve maximum performance across all power bands and attain maximum fuel economy. As noted, the box prop must be true pitched to achieve this.
    is this the same as blue printing? marks didn't seem to use that term (true pitched)?
    Last edited by mactlman; 09-29-2022 at 07:08 AM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

7. Member
    Yes blueprinting brings the propellor to factory dimensions so each blade is the same, pitch, rake, cup etc.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

8. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    is this the same a blue printing? marks didn't seem to use that term (true pitched)?
    There is no such thing as "blue printing" a propeller. Not sure how that term and propeller got put together but it BS. Ever seen an actual blue print of a prop? No.

True pitching is a process of bringing all blades of a propeller into the actual true pitch stamped on the barrel. A box prop can/does vary in pitch from the blade tip to the base and from blade to blade. Getting it true pitched enhances the performance.
    You can read more about it here:
    https://bblades.com/props-101

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    There is no such thing as "blue printing" a propeller. Not sure how that term and propeller got put together but it BS. Ever seen an actual blue print of a prop? No.

True pitching is a process of bringing all blades of a propeller into the actual true pitch stamped on the barrel. A box prop can/does vary in pitch from the blade tip to the base and from blade to blade. Getting it true pitched enhances the performance.
    You can read more about it here:
    https://bblades.com/props-101
    Blueprinting typically indicates building, creating or modifying something to make it conform to a certain set of specifications. So, I, and a lot of other people, use this term to describe what you refer to as true pitching.
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJJ View Post
    Blueprinting typically indicates building, creating or modifying something to make it conform to a certain set of specifications. So, I, and a lot of other people, use this term to describe what you refer to as true pitching.
    Exactly

11. Member
    I am going to try a 23p Tempest because I do typically keep the boat heavier and more concerned with hole shot vs top end. How are you guys liking the tempest vs fury? I'm going with 23p Tempest for my 520c with the 4s ProXS. Anyone with same setup?

12. Member
    I am surprised to hear folks saying they get more bow lift with a tempest than a fury. My experience has been the opposite. Man I would really see if I could borrow one from a buddy to run first before you purchase.
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.

13. Member
    Mine is a 520c with a stock 23 Tempest. It does well and pushes my fully loaded (gas, livewells full, every compartment stuffed to the brim, 4 AGM’s and twin poles) ride about 70 in the summer and 73 in the winters by myself. It had a couple more mph in it before I added the second console.
    MoBob

2020 Z520c Ranger 250 Pro-XS Mercury
    2023 Ford Raptor
    O'Fallon, MO