Lithium batteries

Does anyone use lithium batteries just for electronics?
    I'm debating on whether to use one or not. Electronics aren't cheap and neither are lithium batteries.
    My goal is to have my units on a dedicated battery.
    Another concern is the fuses. I've read the Humminbird use of slo burn fuses.
    Any advice is appreciated.

2. Member
    In the saltwater world, where one can be miles from shore, and the ability of a battery to start a motor is somewhat important, the use of a dedicated "house" battery is quite common.

All the starting battery does is start the motor. It takes priority when it comes to be charged.

The house battery supports all other electrical loads in the boat. The house battery also acts as a back up battery should the main battery be unable to start the motor.

3. Member
    Ionic 125ah for everything in the boat except the trolling motor. I run 4 HB Solix 12s, Mega Live, Mega 360, two Ethernet boxes, two Raptors, Atlas Jack Plate, Livewell, Radio, and crank a 250 Merc Pro XS and I don’t think I’ve been below 50% with a full day fishing. I don’t make long runs when fishing, so my battery isn’t getting much charge through the day.

4. Member
    I have a separate Ionic 125 AH for all my electronics . It works great !

5. Member
    I have separate impulse 50ah I use on a helix 15 & 12 - mega live & 360 - hds12 (that’s rarely used). I have no problem fishing a full 8-10 hr day on the water with no issues. All my batteries get charged as soon as I get home. Usually takes about 2 to 3 hrs to fully charge the impulse.

6. Member
    +1 on the Ionic 125 as a dedicated battery for electronics. Works great.

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    BBC Members get a great price on the IONIC Batteries, give me a call or text we can discuss you needs.
    910-722-0001
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

8. Member
    I have been running a lithium Impulse 16 Volt 60 AMP battery since the first of this year. Yes it's a 16 volt and humminbird unit can go up to 20 volts. 16 volts is suppose to give you a cleaner image and last longer. I don't know if this is true but what I can say is that my images are great with no interference. In addition I no longer run my starting battery low. I can get two long days of fishing before needing to recharge the battery. It runs my Mega 360, Solix 10 and two Helix 9's.

It has a cool blue tooth app that I can use my phone to monitor the battery.

Now with the 16 volt there is one down side. You need the 16 volt charger which is a little more money than a 12 volt charger.

In addition I don't remember which one but it's either Garmin or Lowrance that can not use a 16volt battery.

I got mine when the battery and charger was on sale. I saved a ton of money. I rank this as one of the best additions I made to my boat.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Fx20 2011 View Post
    I have been running a lithium Impulse 16 Volt 60 AMP battery since the first of this year. Yes it's a 16 volt and humminbird unit can go up to 20 volts. 16 volts is suppose to give you a cleaner image and last longer. I don't know if this is true but what I can say is that my images are great with no interference. In addition I no longer run my starting battery low. I can get two long days of fishing before needing to recharge the battery. It runs my Mega 360, Solix 10 and two Helix 9's.

It has a cool blue tooth app that I can use my phone to monitor the battery.

Now with the 16 volt there is one down side. You need the 16 volt charger which is a little more money than a 12 volt charger.

In addition I don't remember which one but it's either Garmin or Lowrance that can not use a 16volt battery.

I got mine when the battery and charger was on sale. I saved a ton of money. I rank this as one of the best additions I made to my boat.
    Lowrance. Well, actually Lowrance can use it, but they spec 17v max, so the prudent thing is to run a voltage regulator between the 16v battery and Lowrance units

10. BBC SPONSOR
    We off a 12v-120ah Starting battery and the 16v electronics battery.

Give me a call and Ill get you going in the right direction

205-965-8436

Bill