Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    He passed Poly and 3 diff people who fished with him ALL said he did NOTHING against rules .
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    1. you accuse him of breaking the law by moving rocks and digging.. but in the same post say it’s only illegal if the state put them there (which they didn’t if they were moved after the 2nd day). But since that didn’t stick, “locals” came up with another accusation.

2. you then imply that other foul play was at hand. That “someone” stocked that pond because the locals know it and it doesn’t hold fish.

#2 is completely contradictory of what you’re trying to accuse Poche of doing in the first place. If it’s illegal to move rocks, which you were accusing Poche of doing, how would the locals know that pond doesn’t hold fish without moving rocks to gain access to it?

gotta say, it takes some big balls to make those types of accusations without any proof..
    This is VERY interesting. I’d love to hear James John’s reply. How would the locals know there’s nothing back there…if you can’t get back there legally? Which one is it?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by James john View Post
    No competitor saw him doing so unfortunately but there is questions about other things that happen. Even all is locals that fish the river and knew that spot doesn’t hold that number of fish lately. Someone stocked them a private pond
    He states very clearly he didn’t catch all of his fish there. He upgraded on the main river everyday. If it isn’t accessible how do the locals know there aren’t fish there? Sounds to me like someone’s mad the guy won. People need to grow up and not get upset when a man in a Jon boat beats them.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/...id=ECgXQ-o3HEI

I'm trying to jump these rocks, and I'm on the phone with Hank [Weldon, Opens TD].... These [spectator] guys are following me, and then they jumped in the water and started pulling those rocks out of the way like it originally was. I had a marshal with me [to verify what was going on when on the phone with Hank]. ...
    filmed me going in and posted it on my social media.

> "I got out early, weighed my fish, went and took a polygraph – I didn't do nothing, didn't break any rules – they gave me my money and the trophy and I left. They tried to get me bubba! They and didn't succeed."

> "I just want to thank them guys that pulled those rocks out. I don't even know who they are. I don't have a clue.

5. Member
    Any of you locals have a google earth link for this spot? You could probably see if there is a break in the rocks or not.

6. Member
    I think James John has Poche and Swindle confused.

Well I you say it doesn’t hold fish I want to know how you got in there to find that out.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Well I you say it doesn’t hold fish I want to know how you got in there to find that out.
    If it always stayed blocked off and the river floods once or twice a year (I don’t know if it does) I’d say it would definitely have fish. If it never floods, then I’d say no.

Who filed a protest against Poche?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    I think James John has Poche and Swindle confused.

Nope but also half the guys responding on here also think Wheeler is god when he can’t pass a polygraph about getting help. He would rather pay the fines from MLF.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAbassin View Post
    He states very clearly he didn’t catch all of his fish there. He upgraded on the main river everyday. If it isn’t accessible how do the locals know there aren’t fish there? Sounds to me like someone’s mad the guy won. People need to grow up and not get upset when a man in a Jon boat beats them.
    That pond is easy to get into when the water is up. It’s a fished area that many know about and will go into when the water is at X. There was a state bass nation deal few months ago they tried to get into it but water was to low.

12. Member
    It’s been awhile since I’ve fished even local tournaments. Just general questions about the topics started here.
    Is it against rules to move fish prior to official time off dates?
    As for private landowner stuff, it was my understanding that BASS was not coming back to Louisiana until this was straightened out.
    Why are they back?
    Congratulations to Mr Poche.

13. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    He said he isn't cherry picking but I can't help but wonder if he didn't chose the little boat based on the schedule. I'm happy for him that it worked out the way it did. Would be interesting to see if he would stick with that boat next year and what next year schedule looks like. That if he even fishes the Open next year.

So you didn't listen to the podcast. He talked about getting beat up in that little boat at some of the big lakes and didn't complain.
    Last edited by dartag1829; 09-27-2022 at 05:30 PM.

14. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    So you didn't listen to the podcast. He talked about getting beat up in that little boat at some of the big lakes and didn't complain.
    well I hope he sticks with the little boat next year to prove me wrong.

15. dartag1829
    Randy weighes in on Keith. Makes some good points.

16. Member
    Poche outworked and out fished em. End of story!

What a bunch of sore ass losers.

Lost a lot of respect for a lot of dudes saying what they said.

17. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouBoogie View Post
    Poche outworked and out fished em. End of story!

What a bunch of sore ass losers.

Lost a lot of respect for a lot of dudes saying what they said.

18. Member
    Welcome to bass fishing in Louisiana. Jumping levees, running ditches, finding secret spots, etc. is what we do. Spots matter way more than patterns do. Unfortunately some guys don’t like that. I suggest they stay on the big lakes.

19. Member
    No competitor saw him doing so unfortunately but there is questions about other things that happen. Even all is locals that fish the river and knew that spot doesn’t hold that number of fish lately. Someone stocked them a private pond
    That pond is easy to get into when the water is up. It’s a fished area that many know about and will go into when the water is at X. There was a state bass nation deal few months ago they tried to get into it but water was to low.
    So...locals know the spot but you're claiming "somebody stocked it for him" but it's also a well known fished area when the waters high that's easy to get to but it can't hold fish with low water?

I think we found one of the handful of jealous little girls that cried wolf when their boyfriend got mad. go kiss your sister good night and have a cold one on me for Keith.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    I have definitely fished my share of tournaments as a Co-angler in the day and if a Boater was around fish, I never gave one single sh$t what type or size boat he had.
    Exactly what I thought when I read that

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast