Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    A couple of years ago some dickwads used a boat to block a culvert where the leader had been fishing the first few days of the tournament. Apparently they also threw big rip rap boulders in the water around him.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    https://www.bassmaster.com/wp-conten...ules_final.pdf

Sounds like he can remove them f he doesn’t leave the boat and it’s not against the law.

Tournament waters shall be established by the Tournament Director for each tournament. Each competitor must obtain this information from the B.A.S.S. Tournament Department. Any water within these boundaries that are legally and obviously posted “Off-Limits” or “No Fishing,” as well as the live-bass-release area established by the Tournament Director, will be off-limits to tournament competitors and will be announced at the Tournament Briefing. Only that water open to all public fishing will be considered tournament waters. Waters deemed off-limits by authorities or tournament officials should be treated like a wall. No boats or casting behind that boundary while fishing. All angling must be done from the boat. In states where landowners have the legal authority to claim private property, these areas must be posted or they will be considered tournament waters unless instructed otherwise by tournament officials at any time during the event. If forced to leave, a competitor must report the incident to tournament officials as soon as possible. Any water to which a competitor is barred access becomes off-limits to all competitors.
    Prior to 8 a.m. local time the day before the tournament is scheduled to begin, any questionable areas must be brought to the attention of tournament officials to be considered tournament waters. Questionable areas will be off limits until a determination can be made with authorities and may be announced in the briefing or via text for all to know unless determined otherwise by tournament officials.
    Tournament officials reserve the right to restrict or enhance tournament waters based on conversations with local authorities. Competitors are not allowed to cut, remove, displace, or engage in any type structure removal from private property (dry land) during off limits, official practice or competition. Moving structure to include sawing of logs or other obstructions in the water is only allowed if laws permit. No competitor may place any object that may impede or cause danger to boaters.
    Yep thats the Randy B rule.

3. Member
    Well Keith still won the Tourney .
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    Good job.

5. Member
    Im trying to think how you even get enough rock and dirt out in the middle of a canal to block it. Thats gotta be a chore.

6. Member
    Was he still able to fish the spot or did he try elsewhere?

7. dartag1829
    Didn't see the weigh in. Wonder if he talked about it.

8. idbefishing
    did he jump over those rocks ?

The entrance didn't look to be about 10 feet wide and a foot or two deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Im trying to think how you even get enough rock and dirt out in the middle of a canal to block it. Thats gotta be a chore.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    The entrance didn't look to be about 10 feet wide and a foot or two deep.
    Ahhhh gotcha

MAkes me think though. Ive passed up several opportunities with rising waters because I didnt want to take the time to doze my way back in a cove. I think next time its 4x4 time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    If it's a competitor then I think they can be DQd
    Unsportsmanlike Conduct!

12. Member
    It wouldnt suprise me if it was a local. The laws about waterways in LA are nuts, if thats what side he was on. Wouldnt be suprised to see a gate there afterward

13. Member
    Fished an A.B.A. Ray Scott Championship several years ago at Red River at Schreveport. Found fish in 2 areas that were announced off limits AT THE PRE TOURNAMENT MEETING. These were considered private property per Louisanna law & were not marked as such. Was also informed of 1 cut that landowner had put logs with nails & rebar in them to purposely cause damage to boats trying to enter in addition to posting as private property. My research showed that was legal at the time. If property owner did that to the cut Keith was fishing than was probably legal. If another competitor did it than it was a douchbag move at best. Don't always agree with all laws or rules but i do obey them. Not even trying to imply Keith did anything wrong in any way. Probably will never know for sure who did that. Have had sand thrown in my boat by a dock owner who thought I was too close, golf balls hit at me while offshore about 100 yards , Windsor police called on me while spotlocked on a current break in the Detroit River in front of a house. You never know what kind of people you may encounter who feel entitled wether they are or not or just don't like you there wether you are legally fishing or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    It wouldnt suprise me if it was a local. The laws about waterways in LA are nuts, if thats what side he was on. Wouldnt be suprised to see a gate there afterward
    Congrats to Keith!
    At lease he didn’t get shot at!

15. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

16. Member
    any updates?

17. Scraps
    This guy's middle name should be "WORK" or "Hard WORK." Got a big motor.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

18. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I'd guess that it was some locals.....

Will be interesting to watch his YT video on what he did to jump it......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

19. Member
    He has had a great year ---Qualified for the Elites AND the Classic !
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

He has had a great year ---Qualified for the Elites AND the Classic !

He's fun to watch as he does his own thing. He might just go on a bit of a run now. I think he has figured out this tournament stuff now.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast