People ask if a bass will hit again after breaking off.

2. Member
    I have caught several fish with a lure in its mouth I broke off minutes before and many with a plastic worm that pulled off during the hook set moments before.

Plenty of times happened once this year. My partner broke off a carolina rig and about 5 or 6 casts later i caught the big one he broke off,still had the hook ,leader and swivel hanging out of it's mouth.It was about 12 inches long

4. Member
    I have caught several bass that had lures or broke off hooks in their mouth. This spring I broke off a fish on a fritside 5 caught the same fish 2 casts later and got my lure back.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigheadworm View Post
    Plenty of times happened once this year. My partner broke off a carolina rig and about 5 or 6 casts later i caught the big one he broke off,still had the hook ,leader and swivel hanging out of it's mouth.It was about 12 inches long
    12 inches is pretty big.

6. Member
    I caught the same fish out of the same brush pile four times including twice in one night. We nicknamed him one eyed fred
    I don't always find schooling fish but when I do I backlash on the first cast

7. Member
    Nope. I think everyone that has ever fished has caught the same fish twice besides me. I am just happy if I can catch it once!

8. Member
    Oh, when they are feeding it’s game on. The best for me still has to be me on the front and a bud on the back and both set the hook and holler net at the same time. We figured out we were both fighting the same fish when it jumped. It ended up spitting my hook and my bud put it in the boat. We laughed about that for years.

9. Member
    Broke off a fish and went back to the same spot the next day and caught it, still had my Jig in its mouth and weighed 12.78.

10. Member
    We did that also. Except his was 14” long. Still had the lizard in its mouth

11. Member
    Bass do not always hit it and quit it.

12. Member
    Have caught several before that broke me off just minutes before. Always odd to unhook one and find your previous bait and three foot of line attached.

13. Member
    Twice I have broke off a fish and my kids immediately cast to the spot and caught the fish. One had a fluke and the other a worm in their mouth, which I had been fishing.

14. Member
    Laugh if you want to and call me liar if you wish---but I have caught the same fish 4 times in less than an hour !!!!! His mouth was in really bad shape the last time I caught that mental midget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    Broke off a fish and went back to the same spot the next day and caught it, still had my Jig in its mouth and weighed 12.78.
    You are the only man on the planet who broke off a 12+ pounder and wasn’t massively exaggerating lol
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

16. Member
    I broke one off this spring sight fishing. Watched it go crazy trying to shake my jig out of its mouth. Once it did I pitched another jig on a different rod at it. Fish smoked it as soon as it hit the water.

17. Member
    Just caught one last week that had a crankbait stuck in its mouth. The back treble was in its gut I couldn't get it out so I cut the hook off and at least I removed most of it.