Brakes on 2019 Nitro Z 19 trailer

I just bought the boat on Wednesday and when I started towing it it seamed heavy compared to my older 21' bass boat with no trailer brakes. when I got home an hour later I smelled brake pads. My truck is a 2019 Silverado with towing brakes with a adjuster under the steering wheel , could this be causing the problem and does it need turned down on the adjustment?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I may be wrong but isnt those brakes hydraulic and not electric? Sounds like you have a bad caliper or two

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Nothing to do with your truck.

Check the metal breakaway cable on the tongue of the trailer to see if it has been pulled.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    Definitely not your trucks electric trailer brake switch. It doesn’t talk to your trailer’s surge brakes. You could have a crimped or clogged brake line not allowing brake fluid back into the master cylinder.

5. Member
    honestly a good question.

You have surge brakes. When you start to slow down the trailer tung retracks and pushes break fliud to your brakes.

The brake controller you see only works with electric brakes, most boat trailers are surge. Non-Maine trailers tend to be electric.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.