Torque Master bearing retainer nut?

any idea on a part number for the bearing retainer nut? I ordered p/n 8M2011027 based on the Chart for the torque master. It will not tighten, it just gets snug and then loosens up. I'm fairly certain it needs to get a bit tighter then snug...

2. Member
    the one you ordered 8m2011027 is right one it superseded to a new number but did not change , very .likely your housing threads are stripped from bearning carrier being pushed out by freezing water destroying threads , inspect threads in housing for this , possibility housing is trash , B break O out A another T thousand , or two ..... good luck
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Omg... Can they not be re-threaded?

4. Member
    possibly do you know anyone (besides me) that has a tap/thread chaser that big , if the threads are gone wont do anygood anyway, i see a new gearcase in your near future , the torque on that large nut is 200 ft lbs
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Ok...well... This is probably my last post... Soon as I splain this to my wife I'm fairly certain I'll be buried out in the yard....

6. Member
    Maybe find a used one that broke the guts but case is fine.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flips256 View Post
    Ok...well... This is probably my last post... Soon as I splain this to my wife I'm fairly certain I'll be buried out in the yard....
    now you know why you got the "higher performance model "

8. Member
    Right... If only I had known. So my next question would be, if I'm still alive, do I have options? do I have to put a Torque Master back on or can i go standard?

9. Member
    let me help
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1193119
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

10. Member
    Right... If only I had known. So my next question would be, if I'm still alive, do I have options? do I have to put a Torque Master back on or can i go standard?
    yes sir you sure do ,absolutely do not have to , sure you can , noway that mtr is pushing that BLAZER fast enough to need a TM anyway , you notice rust on drive shaft and prop shaft high carbon steel drive shaft is a seal eater for sure thrown away a bunch with your same problem , standard gearcases shafts dont do that , now hit yo knees and beg , dont let her make you dig hole in yard too

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leonreno View Post
    I've already tried the towel trick... What else ya got?

12. Member
    Diamonds and gold is all I have left.
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leonreno View Post
    Diamonds and gold is all I have left.
    I'm on it!

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Was the bearing carrier REMOVED from the gearcase?

Are you certain that it is indexed far enough in to provide plenty of threaded surface for the retainer?

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the REQUIRED Info (serial number) with each new post. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

15. Member
    Where I'm here... What is the purpose of the bearing case "key"?

16. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    To prevent the carrier from spinning or rotating in the case.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor