3-in-1 HDI Xducer Position

I have a 2015 Ranger RT188 and am curious to see pics of others with the Ranger RT series hulls on where they mounted their xducers on the transom. I lose depth when I’m in plane and would like to correct this if possible. I have read conflicting info regarding a shoot-thru-hull xducer being able to read through the aluminum. If anyone has pics of their transom mounted 3in1 please post below. Currently mine sits just below the pad to the starboard side of my outboard.

thanks!

2. Member
    Not Sure what you mean by 3-1 HDI those are 2 different transducers, AI3-1 is Sonar, Downscan,Side Image and the HDI is Sonar, Downscan only. The 3-1 is very difficult to get to work on plane. Your best option with a alum boat is mount a Sonar Skimmer HST-WBL they can be mounted to work at high speed on plane. Along with the skimmer mount the 3-1 on a bracket on the jack plate and higher up the transome to protect it from stuff in the water. If you have a HDS Live then you have 2 ports to plug in both transducers then you can switch them on the sonar page menu on for running and one for fishing, how every you want to configure it.