Exclamation St Clair Ramp construction

As most know the rework for the 2 major ramps on St Clair that was postponed due to the Kungflu was resumed this spring with the closer of the Crocker launch
    This will be a completely new site with new ramps in a new location with all new buildings and parking lot
    The projected finish date for this is November but if you have driven by the site you can clearly tell they are way behind schedule and I would be surprised if it’s ready by next spring

Now the second part of this is the Harley Ensign launch and if you have been there recently you know they have already started on that by demolishing the outdated Sheriff's Marine Station

I’m not sure when they plan to start tearing up the parking lot but the State says this will take most if not all of next year to complete

The DNR has been slow to inform the public on the schedule and progress of these projects and tend to say one thing and do another and even though I have requested a confirmation that they will wait for the completion of Crocker before starting the parking lot of Harley at the next meeting this October I’m not sure it would be an honest answer

In the initial proposal they stated they will do half the parking lot at a time keeping the ramp open but again they said they would keep Crocker open while they built the new ramps but that didn’t happen the first thing they did was tear out the old ramps

So with that in mind please inform any tournament director you know that next year could be a real cluster………..

I see the Michigan BFL has scheduled all 5 of their 2023 events out of Trenton's Elizabeth Park - smart move if you ask me
    Last edited by MichAngler; 09-23-2022 at 08:44 AM.
    "The handicapped angler"

2. Member
    Thanks for sharing this information

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    ... but again they said they would keep Crocker open while they built the new ramps but that didn’t happen the first thing they did was tear out the old ramps
    I just figured this was done because why take the time to dredge all that crap out from the old ramps when they would just be tearing those ramps out anyway. But I agree, it doesn't look close to completion.

It will be nice when it's all completed though
    2019 Ranger 212LS with a 2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4-Stroke
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MSI and HELIX 10 Chirp (side by side at the console)
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MDI+ and HELIX 10 Chirp (stacked at the bow)
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112lb with Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Minn Kota 12' Talon with R&R Design
    Extended Emergency Ladder

I sent an email to the DNR on this last week. Here’s their response…

“ Hi Dan,

Currently, we do not plan on completing the ramp replacement project next year. We are still going to complete the project at some time, but a timeframe has not been established.

Thanks,”

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

I wonder if the BFL was asked not to return to Harley after all the floaters after their last tourney. Or they just got fed up with how poorly the ramp was managed. Or both. Some boaters had to wait an hour plus for their CO’s to retrieve their rigs.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    I sent an email to the DNR on this last week. Here’s their response…

“ Hi Dan,

Currently, we do not plan on completing the ramp replacement project next year. We are still going to complete the project at some time, but a timeframe has not been established.

Thanks,”
    Clarification Please

Is this in regards to Harley or Crocker or both?
    "The handicapped angler"

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Clarification Please

Is this in regards to Harley or Crocker or both?
    I'm taking it as Harley won't be on the agenda next year. They are sorta pregnant getting Crocker finished and probably "out" of money until after the election. Fingers crossed that Crocker is ready in the spring.
    Scott
    2016 Nitro Z20 Pro
    Serial # 2B125401 - 250ProXS DFI/TM2

Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    I'm taking it as Harley won't be on the agenda next year. They are sorta pregnant getting Crocker finished and probably "out" of money until after the election. Fingers crossed that Crocker is ready in the spring.
    Yea I would assume Harley as well but I like to make sure

As for Crocker I really doubt they will get that done by spring but who knows if they get good weather and actually have workers on the site they might get it done
    "The handicapped angler"

Hey Roy, yes this was about Harley. I was curious as to the 2023 BFL schedule - thinking maybe they had been told something about Harley that made them not schedule any events on LSC next year - so I sent an email to the DNR about the construction project that was delayed.

Guess I should have posted my email to them as well for clarity.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Hey Roy, yes this was about Harley. I was curious as to the 2023 BFL schedule - thinking maybe they had been told something about Harley that made them not schedule any events on LSC next year - so I sent an email to the DNR about the construction project that was delayed.

Guess I should have posted my email to them as well for clarity.
    Yea I had the same thought and with the work starting on the Marine Station I assumed the full project was restarted

I also sent an email to Dan K and he didn’t dispute my assumption so I thought that was confirmation but I should have asked him for more clarification

Still can’t fathom why the BFL would do all 5 out of Elizabeth Park with the draw they pull up here but then again you might be right about all the complaints they get up here
    "The handicapped angler"