What hose s thus? What did I break? 2001 200 EFI

Just got a 2001 viper coral and in a page out of "Don't touch that!", I saw this little hose seemingly coming out of my lower unit. I touched it to see what it was and it snapped like a twig! What did I break?
    2001 Merc 200 EFI
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    After some more research it may be the speedo hose. Does anyone agree or know for sure?

3. Member
    To me in the pic it appears the two hoses are a different size, like maybe the previous owner had the smaller one stuck inside the larger one - shade tree mechanic. Might be wrong, never seen a speedo with that grommet looking thing.

4. Banned
    It will help you to receive faster, and more accurate responses if you will post your questions in the appropriate forum:

Mercury Motors (this forum)
    TWO STROKE models (Less than 135 hp).

Mercury - 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5 Liter High Performance
    For discussions related to 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5L Two Stroke motors (Carb, EFI, Optimax or Racing).

Mercury - 3 Liter & 3 Liter High Performance
    For discussions related to 3L Two Stroke motors (XS, ProXS Optimax, EFI, or Racing)

Mercury - 4 Stroke / Verado
    For discussions related to ALL Mercury 4 Stroke Engines.

For fastest/most-accurate assistance, please choose the correct forum.

Thanks!

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Pitot (speed) tubing. Simple to replace- those are legris (slip-joint) connectors used on that tubing.

Moving your thread to the 2.5L (correct) forum for you.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor