Help please 21PHX

I sold my good buddy my 2018 21PHX With the 250 Verado. It was always a bear to get it to take fuel (would spill out of the “gas hole” long before it was full). Even if you run the pump slow, it wants to back up and spill out. Has anyone else had this problem? Any idea how to fix? He is prefishing for state bass nation tournament (starts Saturday)and concerned, he plans on making some long runs and he is struggling to get enough fuel in it.

2. Member
    Turn the gas pump nozzle upside down

3. Member
    Also pick a pump that the ground slopes away from it so the boat is leaning away from the pump a little bit.

4. Smallmouth Junkie!
    I have a couple 2 x12’s about 5’ long that I lay out and drive the trailer up onto so the L shaped tank will not hold an air pocket on the opposite side of where you pump the gas. Put them right under the tires on the side you pump gas on. It works like a charm.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duncankopprichardson View Post
    Also pick a pump that the ground slopes away from it so the boat is leaning away from the pump a little bit.
    ^^^This^^^ or use those yellow plastic ramps meant for leveling an rv to help it slope away from the fill opening.
    2018 21 PHX/Verado 250 Pro

6. Member
    I am going to pick up some boards and try this trick. I need the boards for unhooking my trailers as well as my storage unit has a big slop right before the pad, so I need to get the back end of my truck up higher to unhitch. Thanks.

7. Member
    Thanks for the advice. We tried raising the pump side trailer tires. We tried holding the pump upside down. Must just be a plug in the vent. I sent Phoenix an email Thursday afternoon. They called me Friday afternoon and sent me an email with more information right after the phone call.

8. Member
    Curious to what Phoenix had to say??
    2018 21 PHX/Verado 250 Pro

9. Member
    May not be relevant anymore depending on year of boat but we had an issue with our first phoenix with this. I can’t remember what the thing was called but it was a sort of filter that was failing that was supposed to allow for the tank to breathe but trap vapors. May not be explaining it right but Once removed was able to fill tank like normal. Pretty sure I found a post on here back when this happened 5-6 years ago.

10. Member
    Phoenix told me that it could be a kinked breather hose, or filter in the breather hose. Emailed me a couple pictures showing how to get to fuel tank.

11. Member
    My dealer told me to take an Allen wrench and open the air vent next to the gas cap. I haven’t tried it yet so I can’t verify if it works.