Day of Judgement

Jesus speaks of this clearly in John 12:

I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
    And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
    He that rejects me, and receive not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

And in Romans 14:

we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
    For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
    So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Though these statements seem to be contrarian onto each other, When we read them in their entirety, it is clear that God, the Father, will be the one whom will administer judgement.
    Therefore, we all shall stand, believers and non believers, before the throne of GOD, at which time, some to eternal life in glory before the Father, and some to eternal darkness.

The choice is ours to make now on this earth, whether to live in the light of the Word, or the darkness of the world.
    Choose ye this day whom thou will serve; What will ye choose?

2. Member
    Great follow up to Who needs the Gospel.

Sadly so many will not accept God's Grace.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

"True, God has overlooked the times of such ignorance; but now he is declaring to all people everywhere that they should repent. Because he has set a day on which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and he has provided a guarantee to all men by resurrecting him from the dead.” - Acts 17:30-31

"For just as the Father raises the dead up and makes them alive, so the Son also makes alive whomever he wants to. For the Father judges no one at all, but he has entrusted all the judging to the Son, so that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him". - John 5:21-23

"All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and anyone to whom the Son is willing to reveal him.” - Luke 10:22

"But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep in death. For since death came through a man, resurrection of the dead also comes through a man. For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive. But each one in his own proper order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who belong to the Christ during his presence. Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected, it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him. But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone. - 1 Corinthians 15:20-28

Hope that helps you guys

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyB View Post

"For just as the Father raises the dead up and makes them alive, so the Son also makes alive whomever he wants to. For the Father judges no one at all, but he has entrusted all the judging to the Son, so that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him". - John 5:21-23

You have said we in the above, though I would suggest that you would read the accompanying passages that shed light onto the matter as to which Judgement.

24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. 25 Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, 27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. 28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. 30 I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

The Second Judgement, "Second Death", as we read in Revelation 20: 11-15, is the one you do not want to be apart of. The first is a final judgment of condemnation for only unbelievers. John 5:24 relates to those who believe in Jesus Christ and receive eternal life. They will not have to face the final judgment of Revelation 20:11-15, a judgment of unbelievers after Christ's return to earth as King. Works are mentioned there as evidence that their condemnation and suffering is deserved. The Bible also speaks clearly about a judgment facing only believers, called the Judgment Seat of Christ (Greek, bema). In this judgment, believers will not be judged for their faith in Christ as Savior, but for their faithfulness in following Christ as Lord.

Please read these passages for further explanation:

Dan. 12:1-3; John 5:22-29;Rev. 20:11-15, and Rom. 14:10; 1 Cor. 3:11-15;4:1-5; 2 Cor. 5:10; 2 Tim. 4:8

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    You have said we in the above, though I would suggest that you would read the accompanying passages that shed light onto the matter as to which Judgement.

24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. 25 Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, 27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. 28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. 30 I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

The Second Judgement, "Second Death", as we read in Revelation 20: 11-15, is the one you do not want to be apart of. The first is a final judgment of condemnation for only unbelievers. John 5:24 relates to those who believe in Jesus Christ and receive eternal life. They will not have to face the final judgment of Revelation 20:11-15, a judgment of unbelievers after Christ's return to earth as King. Works are mentioned there as evidence that their condemnation and suffering is deserved. The Bible also speaks clearly about a judgment facing only believers, called the Judgment Seat of Christ (Greek, bema). In this judgment, believers will not be judged for their faith in Christ as Savior, but for their faithfulness in following Christ as Lord.

Please read these passages for further explanation:

Dan. 12:1-3; John 5:22-29;Rev. 20:11-15, and Rom. 14:10; 1 Cor. 3:11-15;4:1-5; 2 Cor. 5:10; 2 Tim. 4:8
    Dig I really like your references to the Bema Seat judgement as many are not aware of it.

1Corinthians 3:11-15 is one of my favorites.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

I would stick with the explanation that Jesus and his Apostles gave, that I posted above on God's arrangement.

I believe their explanation is the correct one.

Note - The "Second Death" indicates there is a "First Death". The "Second Death" is the one that the Bibles says we should be most concerned with.

The "First Death" is the one that people experience as a result of Adam and Eves sin against God. That death, people can and will be resurrected from. - Romans 5:12, Acts 24:15

The "Second Death" is a death that there is no resurrection from. It means complete destruction, never to be seen or heard of again. Non-living things will also experience it, meaning, they too will be totally destroyed never to be seen, heard, or experienced again. - Revelation 20:14

Hope that helps

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyB View Post

I would stick with the explanation that Jesus and his Apostles gave, that I posted above on God's arrangement.

I believe their explanation is the correct one.

Note - The "Second Death" indicates there is a "First Death". The "Second Death" is the one that the Bibles says we should be most concerned with.

The "First Death" is the one that people experience as a result of Adam and Eves sin against God. That death, people can and will be resurrected from. - Romans 5:12, Acts 24:15

The "Second Death" is a death that there is no resurrection from. It means complete destruction, never to be seen or heard of again. Non-living things will also experience it, meaning, they too will be totally destroyed never to be seen, heard, or experienced again. - Revelation 20:14

Hope that helps

The first death is when your life on this earth is completed, which will be the first Judgement, as it is written in Romans 14, and also in John 5: 24-30, which both statements, including that in Revelation are both statements made by first hand apostles chosen by Christ. In my opinion, non living things do not have a spirit, so there is no continuum, so whether or not they are destroyed it bears no relevance on the Second Judgement, the second death, hence you can reference Jesus speaking about how grass grows one day and burned, and God speaking to Jonah about the gourd.
    Just as you stated, I base my reply on Scripture, otherwise, like Paul, I make it clear that it is my opinion based on my perception of that which I read in scriptures.