2020 Blazer 625 pro elite

Hi looking for pros and cons on the Blazer 625 pro elite? Looking at purchasing a 2020, this will be my first none aluminum bass boat. From Massachusetts and this is not a popular brand around here, so not able to find any honest reviews. Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    I don't know how many replies you will get here as this board doesn't have much activity but I can tell you that my 2019 625 has been a great boat! The only complaint I have is the splash you get on the back deck when you come off plane which is a little annoying. But the boat rides great, it runs close to 80 and it fishes fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate to get another one and would have to be really impressed by another boat to change brands.

If it is like the 650, the back wash is really bad. To be honest, the back wash and not having a dedicated net storage are the only two complaints I have. Blazer seems to make a really nice boat.

4. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Backwash is all part of having a boat that will run. Its give and take. Floating the jack plate will help but once you get used to it then it becomes second nature how to make it not do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Backwash is all part of having a boat that will run. Its give and take. Floating the jack plate will help but once you get used to it then it becomes second nature how to make it not do it.

6. Member
    Can't a skid plate under the Bob's jackplate and foil on the cavitation plate eliminate this issue? My 202DC did the same thing and both of those additions fixed it all while gaining improved holeshot and improved low speed cruising.

7. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    A foil would defiantly help, and I believe the larger Bob's and Atlas plates come from the factory with skid plates. I'll add, my 625 was nowhere near as bad as the 202s were.

8. Member
    I have not stepped foot in one but the 625 is my dream boat. I love the layout and dislike a huge front tackle compartment. Just love the looks of the 595, 625, and 650

9. Member
    Bobs makes two plates. A standard flat plate under the jackplate and a holeshot plate that the rear is turned down and the turndown looks to be about 1.5-2” long. This should help tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by chad202 View Post
    Bobs makes two plates. A standard flat plate under the jackplate and a holeshot plate that the rear is turned down and the turndown looks to be about 1.5-2” long. This should help tremendously.
    I saw that on their website recently. I will pick one up and let you guys know how it goes.

11. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    From my experience, the lip won't help much.