Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    We can't fix everyone. There are just bad people out there.
    +1

2. Member
    He needs to be set free and the families notified of his whereabouts. I know what I would do then

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Commits the crime in 1997, at age 14, arrested, goes to trial, found guilty, and sentenced by the court.

Serves 25 years, comes before the parole board in 2022. The parole board decides instead of parole, or denial of parole and continued incarceration, that now, 25 years later, execution is in order.

That is “how you think”? That is how you’d like the American justice system to work?

Seems quite radical to me.
    No, it’s not how I would like the justice system to work. They should have taken the correct action 25 years ago. Death the same day proven guilty.

4. Banned
    Maybe, maybe not. Hope I never find out.

Bet your tune will change if you’re looking at your son or daughter strapped into an electric chair.

The death penalty as prescribed in this thread isn’t about crime prevention, saving taxpayer money, or anything like it.

It’s about revenge, pure and simple, and there is a great danger there.
    Yoo couldn't be more wrong. If my child killed 3 people and shot four more, I'd throw the switch myself because I know they've lost or ignored the things I taught them.

5. Member

Commits the crime in 1997, at age 14, arrested, goes to trial, found guilty, and sentenced by the court.

Serves 25 years, comes before the parole board in 2022. The parole board decides instead of parole, or denial of parole and continued incarceration, that now, 25 years later, execution is in order.

That is “how you think”? That is how you’d like the American justice system to work?

Seems quite radical to me.
    I'm not radical , just old school . I don't know if he's black or white and don't care , some family lost 3 family members because of this messed up punk and they deserve justice .

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwing1 View Post
    Parole denied!!
    Wow! Didn't see that coming.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuck Grass View Post
    No, it’s not how I would like the justice system to work. They should have taken the correct action 25 years ago. Death the same day proven guilty.
    This!

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    If its undisputable evidence and admitted NO!
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

10. Member
    Ummmmm................no way!

11. Member
    Seems like most crimes are being committed by those with previous convictions, many of those with multiple convictions. Seems the slap on the wrist and let them go philosophy isn't working too well. Why can't those in charge see this? Guess one reason is there is too much money for the attorneys, public defenders and court systems.

12. Banned
    Let out … in front of a firing squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandone View Post
    I think he should have paid with his own life........an eye for an eye
    This, no excuses or insanity baloney.
    Ranger Forever

Quote Originally Posted by JAZII View Post
    That's your point of view. As you can see, your point of view is in the minority.

My point of view is someone that has KILLED is not rehabilitatable, plus IT IS the strongest deterrent.

As I stated prior, if any of my family was convicted of murder, my point of view would not change.
    It is possible that his point of view is the minority because few have the guts to oppose what everyone is saying. I'm in the middle, can see how I'd feel if my kid had been murdered, also can see how a 14 year old may not be developed or might have had some bad influences helping the crazy come out. Either way, 25 years is a very long time especially when you have lived only 40. Better change the treatment though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234