Any chance on those fiberglass step boxes...

Everyone with the older boats wants one of those nice fiberglass step boxes. Any chance that they will ever be released to sell to the folks with older Bass Cats? Make it be something where you have to provide your serial number to order to keep it just for Bass Cat Owners? With electronics, trolling motors, and big motors being in short order, maybe there is some time in the line to make a run of boxes?

Hopefully its not just a dream. I would LOVE to have one for my older P2.

2. Member
    Wouldn't count on it any time soon. The basic carpeted one they sell on their website is a year out if you order one today.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

Actually, we are short on production staff and have had trouble meeting demand. We have molds, though we don't have staff. We can't afford taking our best staff off boats to build aftermarket parts and the intent was to build and offer those boxes. We simply don't have staff just like your McDonalds today.

Sales have continued to outpace production and that continues through this weeks report. Until we gain staff there is no foreseen date we can offer those step boxes. The carpeted models are behind as our aftermarket seat parts are behind 12 months. The in-house seats we can achieve in less time and we will review if we can build those parts in the seat department.

Our seat department is able to provide our original seats and some seat assembly parts in less time. Our seat vendor remains understaffed and long on supply.

BCB

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Actually, we are short on production staff and have had trouble meeting demand. We have molds, though we don't have staff. We can't afford taking our best staff off boats to build aftermarket parts and the intent was to build and offer those boxes. We simply don't have staff just like your McDonalds today.

Sales have continued to outpace production and that continues through this weeks report. Until we gain staff there is no foreseen date we can offer those step boxes. The carpeted models are behind as our aftermarket seat parts are behind 12 months. The in-house seats we can achieve in less time and we will review if we can build those parts in the seat department.

Our seat department is able to provide our original seats and some seat assembly parts in less time. Our seat vendor remains understaffed and long on supply.

BCB
    interest rates going to correct that issue really soon and quickly! toys going to be 10% plus
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    I managed to get one of the new fiberglass step boxes, but it had a 2022 Cougar attached to it and I sold a 2016 Puma to get it.
    It was really quite reasonably priced, around $34,000 from the Puma to the Cougar.

6. Member
    BTW...I was 100% happy with my decision.
    Last edited by printman71; 09-21-2022 at 07:48 PM.

7. Member
    It’s not as nice but it serves the purpose. BassBoatSeats.com but Bass Pro has them in their stores cheaper. Just installed in my 92 Panterra II
    Attached Images Attached Images

IMO the carpeted step box is an eyesore. I made a better looking to me step box with twice the storage room for around $200.

Capture.JPG

I figured even if BassCat did make aftermarket ones they would be $800+ and more than I wanted to spend. I would think one or two extra step boxes could be made each time a boat was being made if it was a common color to minimize costs, time, and material waste.

earlier they indicated it would be a similar priced part to Harley hard sided saddle bags and possibly between $800 and $1200 each.

BCB

Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    IMO the carpeted step box is an eyesore. I made a better looking to me step box with twice the storage room for around $200.

Capture.JPG

I figured even if BassCat did make aftermarket ones they would be $800+ and more than I wanted to spend. I would think one or two extra step boxes could be made each time a boat was being made if it was a common color to minimize costs, time, and material waste.

Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post

Capture.JPG

Nice, man that looks just like a Grind5 I put on my old Sabre.
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

11. Member
    I knew the response before I asked the question, but had to poke the bear so to say. That fiberglass step box is a beautiful contraption. I was almost thinking about building a mold and making something similar, but probably not near as sexy. I also have a buddy with a metal shop and talked to him about the idea of designing an aluminum box that could be made with tracks around the lid to keep it dry.

I have the old type of fold down middle seat with the three piece hinge across the back and every time I have a guest in the boat I fear that they are going to step on the middle seat wrong and tear it to shreds. I definitely don't want to ghetto up the P2 though, whatever I do its gotta be a nice clean look. The main reason I am hoping someday the fiberglass step box is released for aftermarket sales to BCB owners.

Nates Custom Boats makes aluminum ones ~$500. They can modify the dimensions if requested.

nate's custom boats console.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post

BCB
    Sounds like I should apply for the job so we can get these center step boxes out the door!
    Kyle Smith
    Texas Boat Works, Fort Worth, TX
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 4x4 (Deleted)
    2011 Bass Cat Eyra 250 Pro XS
    BASB08005G011 / SN: 2B017333