4 stroke recalls

If buying a 4 stroke (250) from 1 shop and being shipped to another shop for install which shop is responsible for any recall items.

Any certified Mercury mechanic for factory recalls.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    Seems like they would both want the business since I assume Mercury covers the charges on a recall.

4. Member
    Another brand has a requirement that its dealers not deliver to a customer any motor with an open recall. I would suspect that Mercury has a similar policy.

So if the first dealer has not done the recall then the second one surely would.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerman65 View Post
    If buying a 4 stroke (250) from 1 shop and being shipped to another shop for install which shop is responsible for any recall items.
    Both.

However, the INSTALLING Dealer (the one who physically puts the engine on the boat and performs the Pre-Delivery Inspection) MUST register the engine. It should NOT be registered by "Dealer-1" and then shipped to "Dealer-2".

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Thanks guys.