Approximate rebuild cost/feasibility - 2016 SHO "Needs new long block"

I've been watching a local boat that's come up for sale that's sporting a 2016 SHO that "needs a new long block." I know that the long block itself is over $10k and I suppose, by extension, know the rebuild cost will be north of that. I also know that parts are in short supply right now. At the same time, the price has drifted down to a point to where purchasing it and paying for the rebuild is starting to look like it'd make sense.

Most important question I suppose is whether parts availability makes this feasible at all. I am in MN and quickly coming up on the end of the season so would theoretically have several months of wiggle room, though with the way supply chains are over the last several years I have no idea whether that would be enough to feel confident for parts to come in.

Assuming parts would be possible to obtain...Anybody have a ballpark on approximate "all in" cost for a rebuild? I'm trying to see if it's something I could swing within my budget.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

2. Member
    Contact Wayne at Hydrotech

That's exactly what I did yesterday afternoon while wracking my brain after not getting any suggestions for a few hours after making the post. It's a fairly reasonable drive for me at about 9 hours, I know they're the Yamaha wizards (even though I've never owned one...that says something!), and the local Yamaha dealers were wishy washy when discussing parts availability, timeframes, cost, etc. I'm not sure if it was Wayne I talked to (it may have been - the guy gave his name and I just forgot it), but he was incredibly helpful. He didn't need to take the time for a "maybe" customer from up in Minnesota, I'm sure they're super busy right now and I'm sure he figured the odds of me actually being a customer were low. Even so he was friendly, had answers to all my questions, was super knowledgeable, and most importantly I hung up the phone feeling like I know exactly what I'd be in for and how it would go. So if anyone from Hydro Tec reads this: you guys are awesome.

Thanks!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

4. Member
    What was the cost

5. Member
    Drew, Long block implies basically a "fully dressed block" including heads, ignition, intake and fuel systems, correct? If the damage is isolated to a single piston (like mine unfortunately) I plan to do a "short block" exchange for considerably less. That said, I have messed with powerhead exchanges before and feel confident enough to do so on my 1999 200 yami carbed model. Just thinking out loud here. Nothing against any of the shops, but it's hard to swallow $6k vs $3K in my case... For a motor I purchased on auction for $2600.00 and ran for a couple years... I dunno.