Thread: 1991!pro v 200

1991!pro v 200

I’ve been having issues with my boat all summer it is a 91 skeeter sx200 with a 90 Yamaha 200 prov. The first time I ran it ,it ran great even got up to 72mph with no problem. Then on the way back in just started hesitation an bogging so had the carbs rebuilt an took it back then it wouldn’t get on plane .took it to another mechanic who is been working on two strokes all there life an fixed that issue.but now it won’t go over 5000 rpm an only 49-50mph. With the same prop I as the first time I took it out 23 4 blade . I’ve put new fuel pumps on new plugs carbs rebuilt an cleaned 4 Times. Compression is 120 on all cylinders an spark is great any tips would be greatly appreciated

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden1112 View Post
    I’ve been having issues with my boat all summer it is a 91 skeeter sx200 with a 90 Yamaha 200 prov. The first time I ran it ,it ran great even got up to 72mph with no problem. Then on the way back in just started hesitation an bogging so had the carbs rebuilt an took it back then it wouldn’t get on plane .took it to another mechanic who is been working on two strokes all there life an fixed that issue.but now it won’t go over 5000 rpm an only 49-50mph. With the same prop I as the first time I took it out 23 4 blade . I’ve put new fuel pumps on new plugs carbs rebuilt an cleaned 4 Times. Compression is 120 on all cylinders an spark is great any tips would be greatly appreciated
    What did the plugs look like? If uneven burn, it could very well be fuel related. It also might be worth doing, or having a leak down test done. I recently had a similar response with my 99 200, compression was OK on all cylinders, but leak down was crap on #5.... Plug looked different than the rest as well... Makes sense I guess. Good luck!