Repower.. anyone?

2004 stratos 201 pro XL …I’m going to repower soon. Looking at mercury 4 stroke and Yamaha sho 250. Has anyone got one yet? My issue is I would like a Yamaha but can’t find one anywhere. Local marine shop has 5 on order, they say they are “supposed” to be there in November but they won’t let me put a deposit on one and can’t guarantee they will get any or I will get one if they do get them. Other option is the mercury 4 stroke. I found a shop I can get it now, they have a few and it is a few grand less so that’s good.. my question does anyone have either and what’s your thoughts and experiences with it.. thanks Jeremy

2. Banned
    Guy I know has been waiting over a year for a 150 Merc and has no end in sight.

3. Member
    I have found both a new merc and yammy that I can have this week. The yammy is over 6 grand more so thinking it’s going to be the merc.. gotta make my mind up tomorrow

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVTundra View Post
    I have found both a new merc and yammy that I can have this week. The yammy is over 6 grand more so thinking it’s going to be the merc.. gotta make my mind up tomorrow
    boat will be faster and merc has best props also
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    Seen a 21 SS today with a new 250 -4 .
    Looked and took off nice.
    Young college team practice.
    Think they have a TX the first of the month.

6. Member
    Repowered My 07 201 with a 250SS Suzuki in Feb and I couldn't be happier. Except the wait time on the Suzuki, it was about 10 months

7. Member
    Repowered an 05 201 with a 250 SHO about 2 years ago, not the newer model SHO. Love it, get about 72 fully loaded with 2 people, but I'm not propped right. Need to get another or get this one worked, just haven't had a chance to do it. Shoots out the hole like a rocket with empty wells and is just a tad slower with full wells. Couldn't be happier! Good luck on your purchase!

8. Member
    I have a new SHO on hold, hopefully will be getting it in the next week or so. I’ll post some numbers after I get to mess around with it!! Can’t wait!

9. BunchMarineZR
    If you're in the area or don't mind travel, we have 2 150 SHO's and several Mercury motors in stock. Give our sales staff a call for quotes/pricing.

Bunch Marine
    865-376-7227

10. Member
    IMG_6194.jpeg

I repowered with Merc back in 2020 after I blew my problematic Yammy and I couldn't be happier. Better hole shot, great speed and reliable.
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    2020 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    HB Solix
    HB M360
    Garmin LiveView
    MinnKota Ultrex

11. Member
    Repowered my 2005 with a SHO. great engine couldn't be happier.

12. Member
    Just put a 200 ProXS on my 2000 19SS Extreme. Got it wet for the first time today. Still breaking it in, but it's definitely a strong motor. Hole shot is terrific and speed is hugely improved over the old Johnson I had on it before. Hit 65 on a local small lake, and still had 1000 rpm left. Ran out of lake before I could really stretch it out. If you've got the coin, I highly recommend the Merc.