2022 Mercury Pro XS 250 4-stroke // Storage Cover

Does anyone have a recommendation on a storage cover for my motor? My boat came with a boat cover but did not include a motor cover. Looking for suggestions.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Saw one of the Russell Marine covers on an engine yesterday... fit like a glove and looked quite nice. Plus they're a sponsor here.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Mercury Racing sells them. They are made by TuffSkinz and are quality products.
    2013 Bullet 21XRD
    2020 Mercury 300R 1E080760
    3 Garmin 126SV
    LVS34/LVS32
    Ultrex with iPilot Link
    8' Raptors

4. Member
    Thanks

There are a lot of choices out there. Do you want to just cover the cowling and not use it to travel with? There are cowling covers that you can leave on even when the motor is running on the water. A few companies make a full cover that protects the entire engine while in storage. These are the people that make the covers sold in the Mercury dockstore they are a premium high-quality cover and when you see the price you will know why. I have used their covers for over 10 years on several motors and they do hold up well and fit like a glove. https://outboardcovers.com/usa/
    Last edited by bassbama; 09-25-2022 at 10:04 AM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassbama View Post
    There are a lot of choices out there. Do you want to just cover the cowling and not use it to travel with? There are cowling covers that you can leave on even when the motor is running on the water. A few companies make a full cover that protects the entire engine while in storage. These are the people that make the covers sold in the Mercury dockstore they are a premium high-quality cover and when you see the price you will know why. I have used their covers for over 10 years on several motors and they do hold up well and fit like a glove. https://outboardcovers.com/usa/
    I’m looking for a coverage just to cover the motor when it is in storage.

7. Member
    Outboardcovers.com has a mooring cover for that purpose, but it is very expensive.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Saw one of the Russell Marine covers on an engine yesterday... fit like a glove and looked quite nice. Plus they're a sponsor here.
    RMP has a great cover agree fits like a glove.
    2017 521c 2022 Mercury ProXS 250 4S

9. Member
    I bought one at BPS……is made to fit that motor and it has a soft liner on the inside. Reasonably priced and should work well for my needs. thanks for all the feedback.