Re: Vexus AVX 1880 - 2 questions?

Want to remove the stickers from Mercury motor that the selling dealer put on - easiest way to not mess up paint job? Assume blow dryer heat but think also some kind of chemical might help? Previous on my fiberglass rigs had used Bass Boat Saver and worked well. Will it also work good on the painted aluminum surface's of the AVX1880? If not, suggestions - I fish Calif. Delta 90+ % of time and every time out of water scum line all around boat hull is pretty bad. Thanks for any help
    BTW - has anyone replaced standard trailer jack with the Dutton Lainson Dlx-P #22335 model on the AVX1880 (2021 year). Not cheap but appears much better but not sure if it is direct fit over same place the standard one fits? Prefer to not move it ahead or to the rear of where presently fits. My jack/trailer has totally collapsed twice now, barely missing feet both times and I check that jack every time I use it. 10 previous bass boats and none have ever done that before. Had to borrow a floor jack to get it back into place. Got carried away, that's 3 questions.

2. Member
    What do you mean by collapsed?
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

3. Member
    I’m not familiar with the jack you’re talking about but there’s another thread on here about a jack problem on a new Vexus boat.

4. Member
    I read the other thread and understand now.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

5. Member
    SX440 DITZ-O is what we use to remove stubborn decals. You may have to buy it from an automotive refinishing supply store. Will not harm paint. Xylene will also work. You can get that at Home Depot. Just take your time and work it from an edge. Let the chemical do the work.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

Heat gun and peel them off. Clean up with acetone. No it won’t hurt the paint.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

I use Bassboat saver on my 1980 and everything else :)
    Mark
    2022 Vexus 1980
    Mercury Pro XS 150
    Lowrance HDS 9s
    Lowrance Ghost
    6" Slidemaster Jackplate

8. Member
    Thanks - a friend bringing his heat gun down to me when we fish Delta this coming Monday. Also used Bassboat Saver on my fiberglass rigs all the time, just wasn't sure would work as well on the aluminum. The Dutton-Laison Dlx-P #22335 trailer jack is my choice to change to from the useless stock one (still very shaky to use it and very careful after twice having it collapse) but still not sure it will fit directly onto the same place as the AVX1880 without modification as the Vexus trailer already has the place setup for the trailer jack. Again, thank all for info..........