Edible? Mushroom ID

E8F0270F-FBBA-4039-9638-9AFEF4CC559E.jpegGrowing in yard. Prob not for human consumption. Thanks

Only mushroom I’ll pick and eat is a morel. Don’t have the balls to try and ID the others.

3. Member
    Yep same here.

4. Member
    Looks like an older honey mushroom cluster ..... Possibly edible, with proper ID. Make SURE you do a SPORE PRINT before anything !!! Honey mushrooms are known to cause mild stomach distress in some consumers. I boil them for 30 minutes, and then either Sautee, or use in soups or sauces .....

There’s some good books out that you can ID them with. The one you show is older but probably edible. Right now chicken of the woods is out which I don’t care for but you want a good one sheepshead. Look like big clusters on the base of oak trees.

6. Member
    Ringed Honey Mushrooms. Give me stomach cramps.

There are some great late summer mushrooms that are pretty easy to ID, but beginners defiantly should seek out someone in there area to help. There are lots of local mushroom groups and clubs on FB. If you post pics looking for ID help you should always post a underside pic of the gills as well.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

7. Member
    Thanks for the photo tip. Yep I’m really not good at mushroom ID.

Morels are hard to find in abundance in eastern Washingto ( for me anyway), so I started a morel garden and dumped spore slurry all over all flower beds, trees, etc. We'll see in a year or two what happens.
    Scott Inman